Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

Haha, awesome. I don't know if it looks more like the sort of sleek, oddly-shaped buildings I think of when I picture Tokyo, or just generic sci-fi architecture. Either way, the effect with all the neo-classical stuff sort of smushed underneath it is pleasantly jarring.

I don't like it. It's an interesting design on its own, but it destroys 199 Yonge, leaving only its front facade awkwardly attached to the new hotel.

Last edited:
Yeah, under no circumstance should 199 Yonge be turned into a mere facade. Back to the drawing board.

I don't like it. It's an interesting design on its own, but it destroys 199 Yonge, leaving only its front facade awkwardly attached to the new hotel.

it doesnt destroy anything - wake up - things change over time (except you of course) and life goes on. This is a very interesting and exciting design.

it doesnt destroy anything - wake up - things change over time (except you of course) and life goes on. This is a very interesting and exciting design.

This is factually false. It destroys all of the current 199 Yonge, except for the front facade. What sort of drugs are you taking to think that nothing is destroyed?

The building is a listed heritage structure, so the design will have to make a sensitive connection. Plus, the renderings are preliminary.

Both those things said;
1) what sensitive means is different for different people, and
2) the building has remained unused for so long that there may be some serious damage behind the front facade. Who knows what shape the interior is in, and what is salvageable. Anyone know what's in there anyway?

This completely ruins the quaint low rise heritage structures.. don't like it.

Though I like the 2 mid-rise buildings and the little parkette thingy between them, I can't stand the blank wall on that right one, it looks so bad.

It's funny cuz you think you can dictate what is good design, but... you can't ;).

Well that's an odd looking thing not sure if i like or hate it :confused:. Toronto is going to be flooded with new hotels in the next few years!

Back