Toronto Madison View | 22.55m | 6s | Madison View | MCL Architects

Mike in TO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Preliminary Report - Rezoning Application – 200 Madison Avenue

Background Information Staff Report
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-9519.pdf

01.jpg

At first, I thought: "Madison Avenue?!? Where on earth...the Annex NIMBYS would be up in arms!". Then I figured it out: it's that ill-known stub of Madison *north* of the tracks. (Ah, street numbers on Madison advance slowly...)

yeah there's some bizarre parking lots on madison just north of bloor that need condo-ized; then there's that Restaurant (?) Union building or whatever at madison and bloor. Lotsa potential around that area.

Not a bad looking proposal here--aimed at George Brown-types I guess?

Nice scale and design...looks kind of dutch. Looks like a green roof on there too. It appears to be partially aimed at families.

A warmer, friendlier more intimate version of District Lofts--bridges across to thy neighbours (which@District Lofts I rarely saw used.) I guess the location here kind of sucks (next to ugly noisy RR) so they need funky architecture to sell it. What's on the site now? I'm not too familiar with the area but obvious it's right across the street from those mid-90's high-end townhouses and the Archives building.

the site has a one storey industrial type building that's masquerading as a bungalow.

The bridges at the District Lofts are access for fire exists so they shouldn't be used at all. In this case, it looks like the outdoor walkways might be the main access to the units. Not something you see to often around here.

yeah there's some bizarre parking lots on madison just north of bloor that need condo-ized; then there's that Restaurant (?) Union building or whatever at madison and bloor. Lotsa potential around that area.
Agreed, I've been waiting for years to here that the CRFA is moving and that prime Bloor site will be redeveloped.

WRT to 200 Madison Ave, it looks great!

http://stclares.ca/madison.html

200 Madison Ave

The City of Toronto's Affordable Housing Committee at their April 17, 2007 meeting approved St. Clare's proposal to develop 82 units of mixed-income affordable housing at 200 Madison. This project is primarily family housing: over half the apartments are two- three- and four-bedroom units.

The western building will be four stories high. The eastern building will have six stories of apartments. The management office and amenity space are located on the roof level of the western building.

The project will be built to the Green Development Standards developed by the City of Toronto, which is equal to LEED Silver. We expect that the building will be 30% more energy efficient than a similar building built to the standards of the building code. The buildings will have a green roof.

I don't believe anything has happened yet, but given the typical delay in projects starts and construction in the city maybe there's still hope for this in the near future (hopefully?).

We have rezoned the site and expect to start construction in the fall of 2011. The project will be completed by the spring of 2013.

6827900617_404d27de6e_b.jpg

Last edited:
Over a year later and no updates. Hmmm. This is what the project looked like in August on Street View. Does anyone live in the area?
Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 2.32.50 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 2.32.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 2.32.50 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,087

Back