Toronto The Madison | 121m | 36s | Madison Group | Kirkor

This LCBO is listed as "relo" , which I am going to assume means "relocation". Are they moving the store in the Yonge-Eglinton Centre to Madison?

Negative,....

It's listed as:
> Toronto - Store 7 [Relo]
> Eglinton Avenue & Mt. Pleasant Road
> December 2, 2016

Which means they're relocating Store 7,.... Store 7 is a relatively small but busy store:
> LCBO Store # 7
> 2087 YONGE STREET
> YONGE & MANOR (between Eglinton and Davisville)
> TORONTO-CENTRAL
> M4S 2A4
> 416-482-1800
https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/sto...Id=10151&storeNum=10007&fromPage=StoreDetails

The block where LCBO Store #7 is located looks prime for re-development since there's a project directly north and also across the street.
LCBOYongeManor.jpg

The Eglinton & Yonge LCBO inside ElgintonCentre which is store # 457 should remain,....
> LCBO Store # 457
> 2300 YONGE STREET
> YONGE & EGLINTON (YONGE EGLINTON CTR)
> TORONTO-CENTRAL
> M4P 1E4
> 416-487-4858
https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/sto...Id=10151&storeNum=10446&fromPage=StoreDetails

Thus, this new (relocated) Madison LCBO and the Yonge Eglinton Centre LCBO will probably be the two closest LCBO in entire province,.... great for all the "Young & Eligible" folks at Yonge & Eglinton. ;p

Attachments

• LCBOYongeManor.jpg
    LCBOYongeManor.jpg
    1,020.7 KB · Views: 1,264
Last edited:
Wait, so the one at Yonge and Manor will be gone?

That's what the links from the LCBO website points to,....

It was probably only 5 years ago that LCBO Store #7 moved a few blocks north from its previous location just north of Yonge and Davisville,..... now relocating again!

That's what the links from the LCBO website points to,....

It was probably only 5 years ago that LCBO Store #7 moved a few blocks north from its previous location just north of Yonge and Davisville,..... now relocating again!
I am pretty sure it was even fewer than five years!

The LCBO really served the Davisville community but had to move due to condo construction.

The current location on Manor is closer to Eglinton than Davisville but not too far a walk.

They are actually renovating the one at Yonge-Eglinton Centre. Geographically it would make sense to move the Y-E Centre store to Madison and leave the one on Manor but Y-E has a heck of alot of foot traffic.

I am pretty sure it was even fewer than five years!

This old CityNews article dated March 20, 2011 says the LCBO at 2087 Yonge was about to open within a week,... locals were doubly happy because it replaces a strip joint named Cheaters.
http://www.citynews.ca/2011/03/20/exclusive-midtown-celebrates-demise-of-abandoned-strip-club/

Since I stated, the LCBO opened at 2087 Yonge "probably only 5 years ago",... my memory is petty accurate. But I won't state why I remember such trivial detail,.... whether I really remember the LCBO opening,.... or the Cheaters strip-joint closing! ;p

Anyways,... the review on yelp for LCBO Store #7 at 2087 Yonge Street says this LBCO store has great staff who are very helpful. Hopefully, that is still the case as they make their way to the Madison location soon.
https://www.yelp.ca/biz/lcbo-yonge-and-manor-toronto

This old CityNews article dated March 20, 2011 says the LCBO at 2087 Yonge was about to open within a week,... locals were doubly happy because it replaces a strip joint named Cheaters.
http://www.citynews.ca/2011/03/20/exclusive-midtown-celebrates-demise-of-abandoned-strip-club/

Since I stated, the LCBO opened at 2087 Yonge "probably only 5 years ago",... my memory is petty accurate. But I won't state why I remember such trivial detail,.... whether I really remember the LCBO opening,.... or the Cheaters strip-joint closing! ;p

OK. I stand corrected.

It just doesn't seem like that long ago.

Reading the article it seems that location was only temporary.

"The liquor seller has signed on a for a five-year lease in the new spot while it searches for a larger location with more parking."

The Madison sure does have more parking. But it is a heck of a long distance from the original Yonge and Millwood location.

OK. I stand corrected.

It just doesn't seem like that long ago.

Well,... it just shows that times flies,.... especially when alcohol is involved! ;p

BTW, LCBO tends to be very strategic in where they locate LCBO stores,... generally like high density area, on subway - major transit lines, near highways, high visibility area, etc,... Yonge - Davisville area will be under-serviced as it will be in between area of various LBCO stores,... Yonge-Eglinton, Madison, Bayview-Millwood, Yonge - SummerHill, St.Clair-Avenue Rd. In time LCBO will likely return to Yonge-Davisville area with more development and likely within a new development with good retail space,.... but folks around Yonge-Davisville need to let LCBO they want LCBO back,.... fill in customer info and stuff like that so LCBO know where their customers are,...

Last edited:
Davisville area is very dense though. That is the odd part for me.

Yes, Davisville east of Yonge is very dense,... but demographically mainly rental apartments which tends to be younger folks with less disposable income - probably more theBeerStore beer crowd VS higher margin LCBO wine crowd.

Also very few of those rental apartment buildings have retails,... as the article stated when the original LCBO store #7 lease expired at Yonge & Millwood just north of Davisville, it signed a temporary 5 years lease at 2087 Yonge (at Manor) while it look for a more permanent location in the area with parking,.... eventually settling with this Madison location on Eglinton Ave - not really idea since there is already an LCBO very closeby at Yonge-EglintonCentre.

A LCBO store needs a fairly decent size retail space with loading docks and storage warehouse facilities on-site,... which is tough to find around Yonge-Davisville area right now,..... but hopefully with some of the newer high density development coming up in the area, they will have the decent size retail space an LCBO store requires.

Seems someone took my Oct 23 comments to heart ;-) The Wines, Beer, Spirits lettering which was hard to read has been removed.
IMG_20161112_160348.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20161112_160348.jpg
    IMG_20161112_160348.jpg
    885.3 KB · Views: 1,091
Lesson learned, don't put black lettering in front of dark windows. The lettering was also very small for such a heavy duty looking support. That support bar is saying is that the best you got.

Black letters have been replaced with more visible white letters!
IMG_20161125_171941[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20161125_171941[1].jpg
    IMG_20161125_171941[1].jpg
    825.8 KB · Views: 797

Back