Toronto M5V Condominiums | 118.87m | 35s | Lifetime | Core Architects

I won't happen right away. Think of it as:
Killing yourself slowly
( and not softly as Lauren Hill would say)

I don't think having people live in the entertainment district will kill it. It will change it, possibly make it more responsible. Tenants of that area need to 'know' where they are living and clubs will need to take measures to ensure harmonious business practices within reason.
My club is on Queen West and I am currently looking into soundproofing the building to minimize disturbance to any current or future neighbours.

Either way, I am glad M5V got approval, and for possibly the original 34 floors they wanted to build. The extra 4 floors will probably delay the move in date of Nov 2009.

I don't think having people live in the entertainment district will kill it. It will change it, possibly make it more responsible. Tenants of that area need to 'know' where they are living and clubs will need to take measures to ensure harmonious business practices within reason.
My club is on Queen West and I am currently looking into soundproofing the building to minimize disturbance to any current or future neighbours.

Either way, I am glad M5V got approval, and for possibly the original 34 floors they wanted to build. The extra 4 floors will probably delay the move in date of Nov 2009.

Sound proofing the club is an improvement, i just think it's the drunking idiots before and after clubbing that residences are fed up with.

Tenants of that area need to 'know' where they are living and clubs will need to take measures to ensure harmonious business practices within reason. My club is on Queen West and I am currently looking into soundproofing the building to minimize disturbance to any current or future neighbours.

Kudos to you, sir! A sensible, balanced position, and a very thoughtful action you're looking into. This sort of civil considerateness is all too rare these days.

Anyone have a render of the building after approval adjustments?

As M5V just got final approval i figure it would take them a few weeks to get a true final rendering with all adjustments. I can't wait to see it myself.
I called the M5V presentation centre yesterday to ask if they got final approval to build 34 floors, but nobody there knew anything.

I saw lotsa ppl in the sales centre last night: what was that all about? A party to celebrate approval? Noticed a silly Bohemian Embassy "groundbreaking" party last night while in the area. I find ground breaking things silly--rather like a funeral burial.

A party at M5V and I wasnt invited. Sheesh. Don't they know that i am the fun guy that wears the Fluid Living lamp shade on his head after 2 free glasses of cheap champagne? It must have been a celebration of getting final approval. I think we may see more aggressive advertising from M5V in the coming months and faster sales as well.

OMB Decision issued on Sept 17th allowed the appeal against council's failure to enact a proposed zoning by-law amendment permiting development of 34-storey, 240 unit building. Board also found section 37 benefits requested by the ciyt to be inappropriate.

Interesting...

Am I reading that correctly then that M5V has been granted the full 34 stories?

And in regards to the section 37 benefits, is the OMB ordering the city to require more in total from the developer? Or simply more appropriate benefits?

Please fill in any more blanks you can Mike!

Back