Mississauga M1 & M2 at M City | 197.81m | 60s | Rogers Real Estate | Core Architects

That is why the Webb school got rebuilt and have portable again.

All the k-12 schools in the area have portables now.
South Mississauga does have some schools sitting half empty though. Peel is unique in Ontario in that most in the area attend the same school board (Very few students going to French Public or Catholic, and even the English Catholic numbers in Peel are lower than compared to the provincial average), so they are able to make better use of their schools / redraw boundaries to lessen the burden.

South Mississauga does have some schools sitting half empty though. Peel is unique in Ontario in that most in the area attend the same school board (Very few students going to French Public or Catholic, and even the English Catholic numbers in Peel are lower than compared to the provincial average), so they are able to make better use of their schools / redraw boundaries to lessen the burden.
Most students will be bus out of the area.

The Catholic school on Rathburn have portable as well in the Valleys.

90c363c3-7e10-4038-bf11-68f2ffbe5eef_zpsx23hwkcr.jpg

46235b42-179b-42bf-8968-e243c8abee73_zpstspamjqi.jpg

Having hugely long blocks is part of the problem in pedestrianizing Mississauga. It creates streets that resemble highways where cars travel fast and rarely have to stop. I assumed they'd try to cut them down by building new intersecting streets where possible. Surely this is a lot that should be dissected by roads with the roads carrying on across that 6 lane 'road'.

Having hugely long blocks is part of the problem in pedestrianizing Mississauga. It creates streets that resemble highways where cars travel fast and rarely have to stop. I assumed they'd try to cut them down by building new intersecting streets where possible. Surely this is a lot that should be dissected by roads with the roads carrying on across that 6 lane 'road'.

The extended block will be broken down into smaller blocks and intersections.
23665-82351.jpeg

Mississauga's downtown still has so much open land to be developed into highrises....imagine in another 10-15 years what it'll look like.
With what the news (Mississauga News) has been saying as of late, it seems the city is finally going to try buy out land within the "downtown" and build office buildings/towers to improve the economy of the city, get more taxes/revenue for the city and just to make the city have a better employment basis for the already great residential population in the immediate area. This is from what I've read upon, so I'm not sure if this is not so true now or what.

Back