Toronto LTD Condos | ?m | 15s | Malibu Investments | RAW Design

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
www.ltdcondos.ca

15 storey, 200 unit building @ Bathurst, just north of Lakeshore Blvd. Designed by architectsAlliance that incorporates the brick and huge windows of the old warehouse which makes up the lower podium according to the condo guide.

I'm confused as usual ... What warehouse? Loblaws/Amsterdam?

I would assume Loblaws - if that's the warehouse being built on.

They're building it on top of THIS?

DSCN0626.jpg

DSCN0627.jpg

I kinda like that idea.

Without having seen the article, I assume that's what the post is indicating. I had thought the next phase was going up just north of Malibu, along Bathurst.

That warehouse could be a beautiful building if restored... and would make a great podium for an elegant glass tower.

The brick work is quite beautiful, and the interior space of the building could easily* be turned into a fabulous indoor market - which would be perfect for the area, imho.

*(please take this word with a grain of salt).

It would be a very expensive proposition to retrofit and the facade restoration could break anyone's budget but it be nice if someone stepped up and brought it back to its art-deco glory. Hey, office vacancies are reaching the levels before the tech bust when the building was being pre-leased for office conversion. (Why? Why couldn't the biggest scam in modern history last 6 more months?)

They're building it on top of THIS?

That would be absolutely awesome, because every time I walk by this building it stands out, and I think to myself "that'd be spectacular if renovated and put back into use".

Here's hoping.

^I think then it safe to assume that no exisiting building is involved.

North of Malibu (directly behind it) lies nothing. This whole talk about incorporating a warehouse is confusing... exactly where did that info come from? Which article?

Janne Claude: did you mean to say "North of Malibu" or "on the North Side of Lakeshore"?

DSCN0799.jpg

^Above is the north west corner of Bathurst and Lakeshore (looking south down Bathurst)

Back