Toronto Lower Simcoe Ramp | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

I don't see a left turn lane from the ramp to NB Simcoe. I do see one for Lake Shore.

I wonder if they will permit a left turn at York (currently prohibited on Lakeshore). If not there will be a lot of people turning right onto Simcoe (then left-left to get onto York). I also wonder if they have considered advanced rights (like at Bay) to avoid the pedestrian/auto risks of injury.

I wonder if they will permit a left turn at York (currently prohibited on Lakeshore). If not there will be a lot of people turning right onto Simcoe (then left-left to get onto York)

upload_2017-2-8_15-46-42.png

AoD

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-8_15-46-42.png
    upload_2017-2-8_15-46-42.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 688
And only one left hand turn lane onto York ... forcing drivers to cut across 2-3 lanes in a short period? It looks to be a disaster waiting to happen. btw AoD there is a updated version of the York / Lakeshore intersection released today in a earlier post. They are now narrowing York to 2 lanes south of Lakeshore.

it's a one way street. Drivers can make left turns at all times during the green phase. there will be plenty of time for that left turn lane to clear.

I imagine the light timing would also be that the off ramp gets a green when lakeshore has a red, allowing for easy merging over to York.

There have been rumours about that parking garage for a long time. For some reason I thought I remembered it being federally owned though.. I could be very wrong on that one however.

Waaaaait, are they seriously still planning on putting in parking on the south side of Harbour east of York? Or did that get nixed in favour of the cycle track?

If so, God, it's really so stupendously frustrating how ass backwards our city's transportation planning is (not that we ever need another reminder).

Waaaaait, are they seriously still planning on putting in parking on the south side of Harbour east of York? Or did that get nixed in favour of the cycle track?
If so, God, it's really so stupendously frustrating how ass backwards our city's transportation planning is (not that we ever need another reminder).

It's from the 2013 EA Report - things could be implemented slightly differently.

AoD

Are they expecting pedestrians to walk on the bike lanes?

J9LQqEu.jpg

Those cars are going to be coming off that ramp pretty fast. This is not going to be a pleasant experience for those walking or cycling so close by.

I don't think they thought this part through.

I think it's also a good idea to physically separate the cycle track, as it seems they're planning to do (as opposed to mere bollards, or similar). I think that should help encourage cycling along the route when cars that hit a green coming off the ramp whizz by at 80 km/h.

It's still so nuts that the transportation planners (for whatever combination of reasons) can't bring themselves to implement new roads without parking.

Regarding the park that's currently occupied by the spiral off ramp, the UT article has some information:

The intention currently is to leave some of the piers in place, as per the remaining piers at the old east end of the Gardiner near Leslie Street, to potentially be used as part of a new park design. Toronto Parks is expected to begin planning of the 8,000 square metre space this summer, with the intention to begin construction of the new park at the beginning of 2018.

They retained the old piers where they took down the Gardiner east of the DVP. They are hardly Greek bloody columns to be worth retaining. "Hey, let's retain additional monuments to the fact that decades ago people were dumb enough to ram a highway through downtown"

Back