Toronto Lower Simcoe Ramp | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

Predictably, Toronto media (TV and online) is going APE SHIT over the closure.

And we wonder why a majority of our Councillors cater solely to the stuck-in-the-1950s crowd...

From 260 Queens Quay W
received_586361546320.png

Attachments

• received_586361546320.png
    received_586361546320.png
    799.4 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
BTW, I feel like if this were Japan or China or something and they needed this ramp down quickly, they would just shut down the surrounding area and have it all down in 48 hours. Just bring in lots and lots of people and equipment and get it down. Shouldn't take months to tear down.

If they needed the ramp down quickly, they would do that here too. Do you recall the Hurontario bridge demolition? They lined up excavators to tear it apart in a single night, and reopen the 401 ASAP.

From 260 Queens Quay W
Good photo. I can see why it's only going to be 2 lanes on the Gardiner east of the the now-gone off-ramp. Though, perhaps it's Spadina that's going to be the the roadblock based on what we'e seen so-far traffic wise, and not here.

I just noticed something. While they're replacing the off ramp at Simcoe, it doesn't appear that they'll be replacing the eastbound on ramp which is being demolished. To get on the Gardiner, drivers will have to stay on Harbour or Lake Shore and use the on ramp at Jarvis. Am I correct or am I missing something in the renderings?

I just noticed something. While they're replacing the off ramp at Simcoe, it doesn't appear that they'll be replacing the eastbound on ramp which is being demolished. To get on the Gardiner, drivers will have to stay on Harbour or Lake Shore and use the on ramp at Jarvis. Am I correct or am I missing something in the renderings?

Which eastbound on ramp? Rees? Haven't heard anything about an onramp being demo'd.

Yeah, I was looking at the Rees on-ramp. It can be seen here in @wmedia's photo:

ramp-jpg.105700

Walking by the demolition today, it looked like they were also demolishing the on-ramp. Maybe I misunderstood the mess of ramps. I'll have a better look tomorrow.

Back