Shangri-La
Shangri-LaRender(1).jpg

Shangri-LaRender(2).jpg

Shangri-LaRender(3).jpg

Shangri-LaRender(4).jpg

Developer: Westbank Projects Corp. &
Peterson Investment Group Inc
Architect: James KM Cheng Architects
Planning Docs: www.toronto.ca/legdocs/2006/agendas/committees/te/te060509/it007.pdf
Designation: Hotel, residential
Expected Occupancy: 2010
Height: 702ft
Floors: 65
Size: 870,000 sq ft
Value: $340,000,000

Wow! I am entranced by its shininess.

I wonder if the new articulated breastplates are an improvement over the more conservative original? This is more interesting, certainly, but I wonder if something is lost?

Thanks for the renderings, Billy. Anyone know when sales might begin?

Another tall tower - like the Ritz and the office tower going up next to it, or the Bay Adelaide Centre complex. Could be any city, anywhere.

Not quite BB: it's too restrained for Pudong, too flashy for Halifax, too tall for Ottawa or Washington, too short for Hong Kong, and the podium height references the Four Seasons Centre (of the Performing Arts) (where we experience opera) (and ballet when the tights are pleasingly packed).

Ritz leans out a bit as it goes up. So what? Hardly iconic.

I like this cities conservative style. The lean is more than enough unique for my taste.

The comment is laughable. How about: "Just another tree lined street. Just another healthy residential neighbourhood. Just another successful and well populated commerical strip. Just like any other city."

Its very decent architecture, will add some density where there is presently a parking lot, will add some streetlife and will contribute to our tax base. That's more than enough for me. It does not have to be a building so unique that it could exist no where else, to be successful and welcomed.

Just got this from the people at Westbank Corp Shangri-La.

Andrew,

Thanks for your inquiry. Our marketing will likely begin in the spring of next year. We will be putting up signage on the site in the next month or so which will feature a large rendering of the project.

Regards,
Christina Flanigan

Why is it laughable to point out that this tall building, so shiny that it entrances Sir Novelty, and an absolute killer to blixa442, could be built anywhere?

Back