Vaughan Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland | 93.26m | ?s | Cedar Fair

Reading that thread leads me to believe it's a B&M giga prototype. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Looks like we're getting an aqua coloured coaster. Sites are saying we're getting a floorless giga coaster, possibly a launched one!

More equipment is arriving...

Snatched it from this website: http://www.cwmania.com/forums/viewt...d=e901e0d8c16cb77bbe2081e2b0960db6&start=1905

A launched coaster would be awesome. One of my favourite coasters was the Hulk at Universal Studios, I recall it being something like 0-60 mph in 2 seconds as you're launched up the tunnel and out into the open air. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsjdYQJc748

It's pretty much confirmed we're getting the B&M prototype Giga Coaster. It says MC on the labels which means Mega Coaster. The label for a wing rider coaster B&M is building in the UK right now has "WI" on it. Another label for a Dive Coaster under construction has DM on it for "Dive Machine"

Last edited:
^^ Yeah, but mega coaster is another name for hyper coaster, meaning over 200 feet, not 300 feet as giga is.

Megacoaster is anything above 200ft

Hyper is 200ft, Giga 300ft

Behemoth tags was listed as a MC. It didn't specify a Hyper on it.

However, GIGA was specified on some other tags found at the Wonderland construction site.

I doubt this new coaster would get all these big name endorsements if it wasn't a engineering marvel for B&M. This would be B&M's first Giga coaster and probably will add a different twist to it than what Intamin has done with Millenium Force and Intimadator 305.

Aren't B&M coasters generally given more regard than Intamin coasters by enthusiasts? At least that's what I've heard. Love El Toro at SFGA in Jersey, my favourite coaster that I've ridden to date. Can't wait for this one, just moved to T.O. a couple of years ago but haven't been compelled to visit CW, but this might do the trick.

Couldn't they just connect the two with a super-rad rollercoaster? Be a lot cheaper than building a subway.

I think this is a hilariously fabulous idea. One could be for the sedate types (magnetic lauch along a scenic, more or less level track), and the other could be something so extreme it would be like nothing seen in the world before. At any rate - great promo for the park - and a great introduction to getting there, too.

In all seriousness: could a "transit coaster" be built? (The one to Wonderland would be seasonal and cost an extra fare, no doubt). Could it be cost-effective, weather-capable - and would it be popular? I mean - it's ridiculous, it's outrageous. But, it would be a first - and amusement parks are rather ridiculous by nature. I think such a thing could be done.

vaughanc.jpg

The blue line is the sedate line, the red one is the hellion. Most of the land between Vaughan Corporate Center and Wonderland is warehouses anyway - so, it's not like the neighbours would get upset.

What's interesting too, is that Intamin, a company that manufactures these giant coasters, also does transit vehicle work. 'People Mover' stuff.
http://www.intaminworldwide.com/

Last edited:
In all seriousness: could a "transit coaster" be built? (The one to Wonderland would be seasonal and cost an extra fare, no doubt). Could it be cost-effective, weather-capable - and would it be popular? I mean - it's ridiculous, it's outrageous. But, it would be a first - and amusement parks are rather ridiculous by nature. I think such a thing could be done.

Thanks, CN, for actually mapping out my idea (which I didn't put too much thought into, and momentarily forgot how built up that area is now.)

I wonder if above ground "Transit" coasters could be a feasible solution to Toronto's congestion issues. They're a much cheaper alternative to underground streetcars, and, as far as I know Rob Ford doesn't hate them.

How much would a 20 km long above ground roller coaster along Finch cost? (I'm thinking a very rudimentary design--1 crest between each station--no loops or fancy stuff). Sorry, mods, if this is too off topic. Feel free to move it to the "transit" discussion if necessary. ;-)

Thanks, CN, for actually mapping out my idea (which I didn't put too much thought into, and momentarily forgot how built up that area is now.)

I wonder if above ground "Transit" coasters could be a feasible solution to Toronto's congestion issues. They're a much cheaper alternative to underground streetcars, and, as far as I know Rob Ford doesn't hate them.

But could Rob Ford fit into one?

You guys are too funny. The last few posts have left me thinking "only on Urban Toronto". Anyway, if this is as big as people think I might get season tickets for the first time on my life.

It could also use some sort of resort/hotel service...(if Darien Lake can manage it...
Darien Lake and Cedar Point are in rural areas a good distance from the closest major city. Wonderland is right in a city with hundreds of hotels. They probably see no need for a resort. Given space constraints, if they wanted to build a hotel it would probably make more sense to partner with a hotel chain to build something across the street.

There was a rumour on CWMania that the new ride may be called Leviathan. I think that'd be a great name!

Back