Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Something is happening! From:

http://ltowerconstructioninfo.com/

The first section of temporary derrick at the top of the L Tower was removed successfully this morning, Thursday, December 3. The remaining sections are scheduled to lifted down by the large tower crane on Friday and/or Monday.

Barring high winds or inclement weather, the removal of the temporary derrick should be completed on Monday, December 7. We currently expect that the last section of the derrick will be lowered down between 10:00 AM and Noon on Monday.
  • As sections our lowered, sections of the north sidewalk between Scott Street and Yonge will be temporarily closed to ensure public safety; pedestrians may use the south side of The Esplanade.

Indeed, the temporary derrick is removed already. However, its temporary platform on which it's been sitting on is still up there.

I think (I'm not certain) that the platform will stay so that a new derrick can be installed on it, one which will be properly designed to lift the BMU into place.

Zoomed the hell in, here's what the top is looking like now:
IMG_4764.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4764.jpg
    IMG_4764.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,073
Not surprisingly there is no sign of the promised "December 14 update". Such incompetents!
L Tower – December 12 – 19, 2015
December 11, 2015 by EN Consulting Group Leave a comment

L Tower construction information 8 The Esplanade – L Tower December 12 – 19, 2015.

Finishing work continues on the remaining unoccupied interior suites. Move-ins continue via the Yonge Street service entrance featuring the “turntable” that permits trucks to enter and be turned for ease of unloading and exiting safely back onto Yonge Street. The exterior tower crane remains up and we will have a status update on on Monday, December 14; please check back with us then.

I rent a (1br+den) unit in this building! Front desk staff have told me the crane will probably be up until February, though I'm not sure of the reason. The passage to the parking lot located under the Backstage building has still not been completed either, which means that valet parking is still being used. I talked to a valet guy a few months ago, who said that when he started parking cars at the building in June, he was told he'd only be there a few weeks. Incompetence all around it seems!

During Nov-14 to Jan-15 there were an incredible number of fire alarms, probably 3-4 a week. There have also been ongoing issues with elevators going down on a very frequent basis, and there was a huge water leak in October that led to no power whatsoever in the building for 24 hours, and no running water for almost 72 hours.

The facilities have now slowly started opening. The gym was opened on Dec 23rd, and it looks like the party room will be ready soon. The mail room was opened in September or so.

Let me know if you have any questions about the building!

During Nov-14 to Jan-15 there were an incredible number of fire alarms, probably 3-4 a week. There have also been ongoing issues with elevators going down on a very frequent basis, and there was a huge water leak in October that led to no power whatsoever in the building for 24 hours, and no running water for almost 72 hours.

From my personal and limited experience, I've found that new condos go through a phase of these problems (except for the big water leak which is a major problem). I remember periods of times in my condos where the fire alarm would go off 3-4 times a week, and at 2am no less. I'm not sure if it was hardware/software problems, or just celebratory hooligans pulling them willy nilly. And elevators, ugh, elevators always seem to be going down period. :( You'd think with all the years of experience we have building and maintaining the darn things, that'd modern age elevators would be pretty bullet proof, but nope.

Anyways, I really like the L-Tower, it's such a shame that it's going through these problems. I'd definitely be wary of buying from this builder in the future.

Back