Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Will the crane on top be there forever?
May as well at this point.

In actuality, from what others have said in the last few months, they have to use this little crane for the penthouse units...maybe a few other things. You can see some panels aren't present in a photo from the last few pages.

These poor residents have never had their windows cleaned. This on-top of structural and condo board issues... :(

The answer is in this article.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4116032

Every owner in every Condo Corp in Ontario should be asking pointed questions of all and every persons on or those wanting to be on their Condo Board. Maybe this scandal will spark a minimum of interest on the part of owners to actually pay attention to whom they're handing responsibility to oversee their jointly owned multi-million dollar investment - their homes. This story reeks of scandal and no government intervention will solve what is truly a complete abdication of personal responsibility.

I think Absolute turned out quite well and was an unusual build. I'm sure some companies are more competent than others but I think derivative architecture here has much more to do with the bottom line.

I think Absolute turned out quite well and was an unusual build. I'm sure some companies are more competent than others but I think derivative architecture here has much more to do with the bottom line.

To be clear, we're talking about the developers' bottom lines. Absolute is a rare exception to the rule. Even that iconic project has its imperfections. Great Gulf's One Bloor East is a gorgeous tower, though it hasn't made waves outside of the city.

There's hope that developers will make a few upper-tier projects happen like the Gehry towers, The One, and the BIG King West project, but none of them are under construction. We need stronger efforts made on this front to have a collection of buildings that capture the world's imagination.

Absolute and L Tower are by the same companies.

According to Cityzen Developments as per this article in the Toronto Star, the BMU is expected to arrive later this month and be installed in August. They are even saying the derrick crane will be removed by end of summer.

According to Cityzen Developments as per this article in the Toronto Star, the BMU is expected to arrive later this month and be installed in August. They are even saying the derrick crane will be removed by end of summer.
knowing cityzen, end of summer means summer of 2018.
i'll have to see it first before i believe it

Back