Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

The Derrick is a 35ton machine (it won't be reeved with all its parts of line in this installation) but the tower crane is an 8/16ton machine and due to the height of L-tower, there's only enough capacity on the hoist drum for 2 parts of cable, limiting it to 8ton

Seems like you know what you are talking about. So I'll believe you. Will be kinda weird to see this without a crane.
image.jpeg
I know a little

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,225
Am suprised as to why they didn't use same method as they did on 2nd tower on Adelaide and bay..no cranes and was same positional this is on L. was lowered in section by section till was no more the 2 stories high...

Am suprised as to why they didn't use same method as they did on 2nd tower on Adelaide and bay..no cranes and was same positional this is on L. was lowered in section by section till was no more the 2 stories high...
The crane at L will be dismantled in the same fashion as the 2nd at bay Adelaide. The Derrick is being installed to install the BMU once its finished.

The crane at L will be dismantled in the same fashion as the 2nd at bay Adelaide. The Derrick is being installed to install the BMU once its finished.
Thank you for clearing this out as you call it Derrick as i would call it mini crane as they had to build a temp platform to get it in position...

Thanks @Spitfyre for all the information on the process. I for one am relieved that we won't have to look at this crane for much longer and that there appears to finally be a plan in place to finish this tower.

L Tower construction information 8 The Esplanade – L Tower Update April 29/16

The derrick has been successfully installed at the top of the L Tower. The north sidewalk along The Esplanade has been taped for safety reasons in preparation for taking down the tower crane. We expect that there will be a vehicular road closure between Scott Street and Yonge Street in the latter part of next week in order to facilitate the removal of the tower crane.

We will have an update on Monday. Please check back for updates at http://ltowerconstructioninfo.com/

Back