Toronto King West Life Condominiums | ?m | 25s | Plaza | Gabriel Bodor

Yep. I would guess that they didn't terrace to the South to avoid crappier Gardiner and railway views and noise.

I looked at the site and some of the floorplans are ok with nice terraces, more are really bad with a lot of wasted space, but the overall look of the building and it's interior seems very traditional 80's condo-ish. They even have a grand piano in their party area! lol

Anyone have any clue of the ceiling heights? They don't mention it on the feature sheet, so I'm assuming it'll be 8'.

Most of the podium suites are 8ft (with the exception of 2 floors i think). The tower I believe are 9ft. Somebody please correct me if im wrong but in general it is a mix of 8 or 9ft.

Here's my sketch to illustrate relationships of proposed buildings in Liberty Village

map.jpg

Tag Heuer

Solaris - thanks for the sketch!

I had a quick question for you as you seem well versed on the location. I am looking at king west life and was wondering if those people who buy south west of the first tower would have their view blocked by the big advertising sign (currently Tag Heuer) that is just south of the police station?

I have looked on google maps (satellite) but cannot make out exactly where the building will be located on the free land.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Given I couldn't find a formal site plan drawing in Plazacorp's sales office, I can not speak with any certainly .... I am not certain how far south the first tower extends ... sorry can't be of much help~

Given I couldn't find a formal site plan drawing in Plazacorp's sales office, I can not speak with any certainly .... I am not certain how far south the first tower extends ... sorry can't be of much help~

No problem...

Gooner... here's something that may be of assistance ... excerpt from the Liberty Village Urban Design Guidelines, it appears that the building footprint is pretty consistent to Plazacorp & CanAlfa's current proposal, and this plan also shows the billboard signs location (the 'V')... judging from this I would dare to say the signs do block the views when you look out diagonally if you are on a lower floor, but do not affect straight south or west views

LibertyUDGsiteplan.jpg

What about Parc - the aA designed, 11 story building which supposedly fronts on the park?

hey ProjectEnd... not sure if I understand the question correctly, see if my response on the PARC thread is of any value ... my apologies if I totally got it all wrong though :)

Hey Solaris,

Thanks for your response in the other thread. For some reason I thought that Parc was in Liberty Village, my mistake...thanks again.

Gooner... here's something that may be of assistance ... excerpt from the Liberty Village Urban Design Guidelines, it appears that the building footprint is pretty consistent to Plazacorp & CanAlfa's current proposal, and this plan also shows the billboard signs location (the 'V')... judging from this I would dare to say the signs do block the views when you look out diagonally if you are on a lower floor, but do not affect straight south or west views

LibertyUDGsiteplan.jpg

Solaris - you are the best!

Thank you. This was my only major concern but the building diagrams clearly show that the south most part of the building will still be slightly north of the sign.....excellent!

Most of the podium suites are 8ft (with the exception of 2 floors i think). The tower I believe are 9ft. Somebody please correct me if im wrong but in general it is a mix of 8 or 9ft.

That is correct, they are charging some hefty premiums for those 9 ft. ceilings.

Levels 1,3,11 and 14 to 23 are 9ft

Levels 2,4 to 10, 12 and 13 are 8ft

I am looking at king west life and was wondering if those people who buy south west of the first tower would have their view blocked by the big advertising sign (currently Tag Heuer) that is just south of the police station?

No... The building pretty much ends where the sign begins and there is a road between them.

Back