Toronto KING Toronto | 57.6m | 16s | Westbank | Bjarke Ingels Group

given the change in brick colour, I would guess "reproduced".

Renderings are often just slightly off in colour from real life photos which can be affected by lighting conditions. I wouldn't consider it an indication of what they plan to do with the warehouse one way or the other.

That's not a description of what's to come. That's a description on what's there now, unrelated to the images.

Great change - I think they knew they'd be in serious trouble if they had stuck with the original proposal to demolish the beautiful heritage building.

Appears they are demolishing all of it as the rendering is quite different from what currently exists. Windows are very different on the east and west elevations.

Appears they are demolishing all of it as the rendering is quite different from what currently exists. Windows are very different on the east and west elevations.

Bldg. on the rendering doesn't look any different to me?....obviously they are keeping the façade and demolishing the rest

489 King St. W.
5619743240_84dc7a3907_b.jpg

This bloated sheep of an office tower addition along with the one across the street are going to destroy the streetscape of King West, but what else is new?

&Co sucks. Even the thing on stilts on richmond, apart from the engineering trickery is a pretty banal building that could be right at home in a business park along the 427. This thing is pure gimmickry. A couple of swoopy glass parapets backed by a generic chunk of glass building passes as architecture in this town?

Last edited:
Allied Properties REIT (TSX:AP.UN) announced today that it has entered into an agreement to purchase 485 King Street West in Toronto for $8 million. The purchase is expected to close on November 14, subject to customary conditions.

THE PROPERTY
Located on the south side of King West at the foot of Brant Street, 485 King West is comprised of a building with approximately 13,200 square feet of GLA and 3,185 square feet of surplus land. The site is rectangular in shape with 7,545 square feet of area and 44 feet of frontage on King West. The building was built in 1896 as a textile warehouse and has been used as such since that time.

The property is between 469 King Street West, a Class I building Allied has owned since its IPO, and Allied's intensification project at 489, 495 and 499 King Street West (the "Project"). Allied recently received municipal approval for 300,000 square feet of GLA in connection with the Project. With 485 King West, Allied expects to improve the Project by (i) integrating the two properties to the east, (ii) increasing the approved GLA, (iii) extending the retail frontage and (iv) rationalizing the vehicular access off King West.

Back