Toronto The King Edward Private Residences | ?m | ?s | Skyline | ERA Architects

London on the Esplanade seems too far away - is it the project on King/Church/Colbourne which was talked about last year? This was not too popular with eith the City Planners or the neighbours but it is (almost) adjacent to the King Eddy.

You could be right - the last we knew about that Church/Colbourne site was that Great Gulf had put it up for sale again.

Correct on London.

the "rare opportunity for the company, because it is a property occupying an entire block in the heart of downtown Toronto" is a bit concerning

Good. Maybe they will put some work into the place, the rooms are long over due for a renovation.
I stayed at the King Eddy this past weekend and thought it was very nice. We had High Tea in the afternoon, and then a great Brunch in the morning. The room was huge, with a big flat screen TV, king size bed, nice bathroom, etc. I've stayed in luxury hotels in Germany, China, England, and the USA, and the King Edward is on par with most.

Is the King Eddy really a five-star hotel?

They serve one of the best teas I've had in the city. My wife and I are quite fond of the High Tea service and have tried the tea at the Windsor Arms, Royal York, King Edward and some others, and the King Eddy is on par with the best.

I've eaten like a python at their Sunday buffet brunch. Once the Ritz opens and the new King Eddy regime settles in it'll be time for a tea-off.

Eddy's certainly got the most delicious faux marble columns hereabouts.

Is the King Eddy really a five-star hotel?

Nope it's a 4 star max. I stayed there about 2 years ago i found it to be a 3 star hotel with 5 star prices. The lobby, restaurants and common areas are really elegant but the rooms need a lot of work, the rooms don't have that classic feel to them like some of the old grand hotels in new york city. With all these 5 star hotels being built the new owners will have to put some work into the place to stay competitive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope it's a 4 star max ... With all these 5 star hotels being built the new owners will have to put some work into the place to stay competitive.

Their website calls it a 4-star hotel and the announcement states that the building OWNERSHIP has changed but the MANAGEMENT (Starwood) remains.

Nope it's a 4 star max. I stayed there about 2 years ago i found it to be a 3 star hotel with 5 star prices. The lobby, restaurants and common areas are really elegant but the rooms need a lot of work, the rooms don't have that classic feel to them like some of the old grand hotels in new york city. With all these 5 star hotels being built the new owners will have to put some work into the place to stay competitive.

Ok, the news release header (Mishorim unit buys five-star Toronto hotel) threw me. Thanks!

Back