Toronto The King East | ?m | 15s | Lamb Dev Corp | Core Architects

carturo, thx for the perspective.
urbandreamer, I'm glad you clarified it wasn't intended as a personal attack, but i maintain that if parts of society, like myself, find 310 too small to live in, you shouldn't just call us inflexible surburban materialists. In any case I truly HOPE there are many people who WOULD like to live in a space like this if I buy in. maybe you can be my tenant and make it look bigger with lots of built-ins. :)

You should take a look at the latest edition of Dwell.
Family of four living in under 700 SF ... lots of built-ins, multi-purpose furniture, etc ... ie. desk by day, come bed by night. :D

Can someone who is versed in real-estate language explain this tweet post to me, or is that just bad English?

"Starting working drawings for the King East - now 60% sold out. Check it out at www.thekingeast.com" - Mr. Condo King himself (BJL) wrote that one.

Disclaimer. I don't follow anyone on twitter but I know people who do and they brought this one to my attention. I did buy from a floor plan in this building that's why they notify me about stuff relating to this building.

Thanks.

to add:

working drawings implies construction blueprints which I assume is a rather significant upfront purchase before construction begins.

I was in this sales centre 6 months ago when they were 60% sold out....... Not a lot of movement and whenever I pass the sales centre (daily) it always looks like a ghost town.

Working drawings take a minimum of 3 to 4 monts to produce and are required for the submission of a building permit application. Therefore, construction will not start in 2009.

An email from BL Realty notes that this is at 65% sold.

This comment belongs elsewhere, but the 4-5 story brick beauty on Parliament next to the King East lot seems to be undergoing some internal renovations.

An email from BL Realty notes that this is at 65% sold.

This comment belongs elsewhere, but the 4-5 story brick beauty on Parliament next to the King East lot seems to be undergoing some internal renovations.

They completely gutted the upper floors and were sand-blasting the inside in the last few weeks. Today they have started to put in new windows. It used to be a work/live building but I do not know what the plans are now.

They completely gutted the upper floors and were sand-blasting the inside in the last few weeks. Today they have started to put in new windows. It used to be a work/live building but I do not know what the plans are now.

is that the NE building of Parliament and King that housed a bunch of designer furniture retailers like Barbara Barry?

Yeah, this one was set for a major overhaul. I wonder if the plans to increase the number of floors (don't remember if it was only one or more) will still go forward?

According to the new Condo Guide, construction begins on May 1st. This will be a great addition to the area. Now if only we could get rid of the Staples across the street...

Great news indeed! New signage is now up around the building. More than 70% sold, with construction beginning May 1st!

I really love the renders of this building. It will create a beautiful edge on the streetscape at King / Parliament.

Uoisr-5842f1880e353f8d4ca0382c1300af31.jpg

Last edited:
I purchased a unit from there this past weekend. A good 10 units were sold. I think they may actually start building on the proposed date.

Back