Toronto The King East | ?m | 15s | Lamb Dev Corp | Core Architects

You folks forget TKE is a product of its time: the 2008-09 recession. Recall how prices were knocked down to around $150k for some suites? It's not surprising the bling had to be removed.

I don't remember seeing prices that low. They were no "cheaper" than the other pre construction condos going up at the time. There was some cheapening here for sure and I don't think it has to do with the market.

They reconfigured some of the larger 2br suites into smaller suites, and then created a few of the very small suites that Doug is referring to, but prices per square foot were never lowered.

Those "suites" were 350 SF.

Compared to Smart House they were downright steals. So it's not surprising. But you know what? Even your joe average century old house had many flaws when built. Think of the average condo as joe's average rowhouse shack of 1913....

Compared to Smart House they were downright steals. So it's not surprising. But you know what? Even your joe average century old house had many flaws when built. Think of the average condo as joe's average rowhouse shack of 1913....

The "cheapening" has happened inside and out. I won't even get into it. I don't think the downturn is a good enough excuse.

The basic building is good, and the finishes are better than most, and the things that are poorly done can be remedied. But 5Nine are a thoroughly incompetent construction management company. This is based on the experiences of many people who are completely frustrated with having to deal with them on this project. They can't manage their trades and are not even aware that it is their role to coordinate trades. They are a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
The entire length of King looked like this yesterday. I've never seen so much much ice hanging off a building like this. Especially directly over the sidewalk. Very dangerous. Design flaw?

photo.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,040
Last edited:

Back