Toronto King East Centre | 140m | 39s | First Gulf | WZMH

Word on the street is that the No Frills will include an adjoining Vintages wine store, which will be to the north of the grocery store fronting onto the corner of Princess & King East where the former cafeteria is now. Decent news, though I would prefer a proper LCBO to serve those of us who prefer wine and spirits...

Good to hear!

That's good to hear! Thanks for the info. I too would prefer an LCBO store but this certainly is a step in the right direction as far as more retail coming into the area.

Progress...

Work on the southwest portion of this building has been going on for a while, and this week they started opening up the wall where (according to PDF plans linked above) the main entrance to the No Frills will be.

I snapped a few photos today on my way by. Not much to see, really, but any progress is good news in my books. It's hard to tell in these photos but the interior looks vast when you peer through that gaping hole. Makes the Sobey's across the street look like a mini-mart.

nofrills2.jpg
nofrills1.jpg

(By the way, this thread is so hard to find... why when I search for "333 King St E" does it not appear in the results? Can we make the minimum search keyword length 3 characters so street numbers show up?)

Attachments

• nofrills2.jpg
    nofrills2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 530
  • nofrills1.jpg
    nofrills1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:
Word on the street is that the No Frills will include an adjoining Vintages wine store, which will be to the north of the grocery store fronting onto the corner of Princess & King East where the former cafeteria is now. Decent news, though I would prefer a proper LCBO to serve those of us who prefer wine and spirits...

Good news, though isn't No Frills and Vintages a bit of an odd pairing?

Great shot, thanks. As someone who lives nearby I'm really looking forward to any new retail near the Distillery. Now, if some retailer would buy the that boxy, ulgy Staples building...tear it down & rebuild that would also be a big improvement in my opinion.

A Great Gulf white-hat told me today that the shell of the building will be turned over to No Frills by October 12 "but of course they then need to do all the interior fitting-out".

work moving along

Thanks for the update. The 'gutting' process seems to be moving along pretty quickly. Looking inside the shell of the building at theS/W corner Front and Berkley I'm trying to envision what will go in there. There are girders on an angle to the floor which appear to limit the use of space. Perhaps they can be taken out.

Back