Toronto King East Centre | 140m | 39s | First Gulf | WZMH

What a symbolic moment in the transition of this neighbourhood. I've only been here 13 years but even to me, it's unrecognizable. 333 King E has changed as much as anywhere: from a giant bunker of blank dirty windows, orange brick, abandoned shipping bays and near-empty parking lots into a vibrant, multi-use building that serves the local population every day. Sure it's still pretty ugly but it integrates better than a lot of shiny new condo towers. When the adjoining Globe and Mail Centre opens the transformation will continue even faster.

Here's a picture of the site that was front page on The Sun when the building was first beginning construction:
1297818596320_ORIGINAL.jpg

Wow they must have had so little space left on King anyway; I thought 365 Bloor St (Greenwich) center was nearly 100% occupied after post media, and it was; So I doubt there was much left at all.

Yes, they got permission for a tower, 15 floors IIRC.

I've been looking through the previous pages and can't seem to find the site plan that includes the tower. Can anyone point me to the post number?

Any idea if this will impact any of the business in that stretch?

333 KING ST E
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 18 196225 STE 28 OZ Jul 18, 2018 Application Received

333 KING ST E
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 18 196225 STE 28 OZ Jul 18, 2018 Application Received

The plans for 333 King were all approved as a package in 2012/2013. Some info on this link. https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2012/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-46665.pdf and the Final Report at https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2013/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-58019.pdf

This states: " the height of the southwest office tower has decreased from 19 storeys office (79 metres) to 12 storeys office (50.5 metres) to keep this tower more in-keeping with the height of existing buildings along the west side of Princess Street on this block;"

If First Gulf are now trying to change this it will be interesting to see what they are proposing.

Back