Toronto King East Centre | 140m | 39s | First Gulf | WZMH

I've been to the Rooster three times since it opened. The coffee is excellent, the service friendly, and the interior decor very similar to the other coffee shop on Broadview. I give it two thumbs up. I trust they will do very well in this location, given the captive clientelle in GBC, Coke and SAS, among others...

Their Broadview location has my favourite coffee in the east end and is one of the most beautifully designed coffee shops in the city. I will be sure to check out their King East digs!

After looking at this building today I bought a coke--I rarely drink pop. (And when I do it's usually Dr Pepper.)
r4dv.jpg

Posts regarding the new tower have been moved to their own thread. We were not originally going to do this, but as the new tower will have a prominent name, we thought that it was best to have a second thread for the Globe and Mail Centre.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 3X5

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 279080 ZSV 00 ZR Accepted Date: Dec 17, 2013

Project: Non-Residential Building Sign

Description: Proposal to erect and display signs. **Coca-Cola**

Yuzu, the fancy outpost of the Quebec sushi chain, has closed already in this building. The sign on the door suggests that their other locations remain open. I tried it a few times and the quality was good but it was super pricey, I suspect that's what did them in. Sky Blue Sky sandwiches is opening in the building soon; now there's a good opportunity for another food joint to replace Yuzu.

Yuzu, the fancy outpost of the Quebec sushi chain, has closed already in this building. The sign on the door suggests that their other locations remain open. I tried it a few times and the quality was good but it was super pricey, I suspect that's what did them in. Sky Blue Sky sandwiches is opening in the building soon; now there's a good opportunity for another food joint to replace Yuzu.

Yeah that sure didn't last long. I'm not a big sushi eater, but something they cooked daily in that place smelled delicious as I'd walk by every morning.

Yeah that sure didn't last long. I'm not a big sushi eater, but something they cooked daily in that place smelled delicious as I'd walk by every morning.

That was probably the sweet-n-sour chicken dish they sold, it wasn't called that but it was essentially battered chicken in a sweet tangy red sauce. We tried it once, it was okay, but the sauce was a bit too overwhelming.

In general I liked their sushi rolls, but the problem was that all the combos had shrimp rolls in them, and my wife is allergic to shrimp. So we always had to order a-la-carte and it got crazy expensive for take-out, like $30+ for lunch for the two of us, and then we were hungry an hour later. For that money we could go to a pub and have a burger and a beer with table service. To bad they couldn't have tweaked their formula rather than closing so quickly.

Walked by today and noticed Sky Blue Sandwiches is now open. Not sure how long they've been open for.

They've been open for a month or so. Usually very busy around the lunch hour. Good selection of tasty sandwiches that are cheaper than a lot of other lunch options nearby. My only complaint is that the panini press method they use tends to make the crusts kinda hard. Still, great addition to the area.

They've been open for a month or so. Usually very busy around the lunch hour. Good selection of tasty sandwiches that are cheaper than a lot of other lunch options nearby. My only complaint is that the panini press method they use tends to make the crusts kinda hard. Still, great addition to the area.

A month!? Wow I'm out of the loop. Shows how little I use the 504 streetcar since its been detouring up to Queen at Parliament. Its now often faster to take the 65 or 75 busses to get up to the Bloor line. Thanks for the review, I'll have to try it out!

Some serious Wilco fans must run the place, even the sandwiches are named after their songs. Perhaps I'll have to check it out next time I'm down there, since anyone who likes Wilco that much is definitely trustworthy.

Back