Toronto Juno Residences | 116.05m | 35s | Carlyle Communities | RAW Design

Read the city document ffs. It was denied for the same reason the first proposal was denied in 2008. Emissions studies show that any building more than 16m in that location is getting gassed by the rubber plant and would be unsafe.

The developer returned with a slightly smaller proposal but did not address that issue. For some reason they expected a different outcome this time?

If they came back with a 4 or 5 story proposal it might be different.. but obviously it's not enough money for the developer.

Is the developer bankrupt? Their Mimico development has folded as many know and their Wychwood site is just sitting like this one. I know there were issues with the OMB years ago for this site.

It's a hard proposition because there's not only the locational disadvantage, you're height-limited by the smoke plume of nearby manufacturing plants.

Colliers has this one I believe. I wish them luck.

It's a hard proposition because there's not only the locational disadvantage, you're height-limited by the smoke plume of nearby manufacturing plants.

Colliers has this one I believe. I wish them luck.

Aside from the proximity to the rubber plant, it's not a bad location. It's on the edge of the Junction, which is a great neighbourhood. It's about 20 minutes from the downtown core and adjacent to a large variety of retail. It's a quick drive or bike ride to parks like High Park, the waterfront, and the Humber Valley park system from this location. Also, it's a short drive to both the Gardiner and the 401. There might be a Smart Track or similar commuter rail station adjacent to this site in the future for the connection to the St. Clair streetcar.

looks to be Carlyle Communities now with RAW as the architect. found these on Carlyle's website.

Apparently includes an 8 storey office building.

See now little projects like this do a lot. And add a lot of interest to any streetscape. More of these I’d personally welcome in any hieght.

Wow, I'd love to see these at Keele and St Clair. St Clair West really is becoming a prototype of urban built form in the city.

I'm curious why the previous application was denied because of the rubber factory when there is a recently completed tower ~50m away on the south side of the tracks, where as Keele and St Clair is 200m away.

Back