Toronto Jade Waterfront | 138.37m | 41s | Phantom | BDP Quadrangle

Here's a little more wavy gravy, then the state of progress from Marine Parade and from across the O doo Sollay site:

DSC04636.jpg
DSC04677.jpg
DSC04683.jpg

Attachments

• DSC04636.jpg
    DSC04636.jpg
    533.5 KB · Views: 1,396
  • DSC04677.jpg
    DSC04677.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 1,397
  • DSC04683.jpg
    DSC04683.jpg
    831.5 KB · Views: 1,374
It' s a really pretty addition to the city !
I love the curved balconies that make it unique to other surrounding building and there is a harmony in the tower. I m glad someone dare to to do it here.
More like that in the future please .
:)

It's a rectangular box with wrap around balconies. I don't mind the gimmick "wave" at the ends but, it doesn't make up for the poor choices and execution here.
Less gimmicks. More quality please.

The effect works from a distance when the sun is high or low in the sky, and we'd have a more eye-catching building here if the wave were applied to every side of the building, so by my count it's the gimmick that we need more of. What really detracts here are the number of mullions, the amount of back-painted glass spandrel, and the poor choice of colour for it.

Why does this building fail to meet BOTH streets around it? Is there something I'm missing, or is this building really going to be surrounded by grass on either side as the renders suggest?

I believe the lakeshore frontage is supposed to eventually have a small commercial building fronting onto it, but like other buildings on the strip the developer is opting not to build it. The lakeside frontage is supposed to be a small park I think.

Yup, a park is going in on the lake side.

On the Lake Shore Blvd side, I wonder how long before we see the smaller commercial buildings go up. One of those sites, the Ocean Club one, was—if I have this right—sold to Mattamy to consolidate it with their site. I don't know how many of the sites will need to be consolidated to make them economically viable, but I just hope we get attractive, useful buildings out of it. It will take some deft architecture to make Lake Shore an inviting street to stroll along here, with the other big question being "what's going to be built on the Mondelez lands on the other side?" Here's to a destination strip, and not just an area that drivers are trying to do 80 km/h through when all is said and done.

Shots from yesterday.

As seen looking down Annie Craig Drive:

DSC08570.jpg

Closer up, for the moment there's a temporary drivewayfrom Lake Shore Blvd. It will be cut back when a new street goes in, Shore Breeze Drive, which runs from Lake Shore down to Marine Parade Drive.

DSC08560.jpg

Below the canopy, people are backing up the UHauls to move in.

DSC08561.jpg

From the lake side, you can see the exercise equipment has arrived in the gym.

DSC08556.jpg

Might as well get the wave one more time!

DSC08557.jpg

Attachments

• DSC08556.jpg
    DSC08556.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 476
  • DSC08557.jpg
    DSC08557.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 516
  • DSC08560.jpg
    DSC08560.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 531
  • DSC08561.jpg