Toronto Ivory On Adelaide | ?m | 22s | Plaza | Hariri Pontarini

Broker preview comes early

IvoryOnAdelaideRend1.jpg

IvoryOnAdelaideRend2.jpg

IvoryOnAdelaideRend3.jpg

That isn't concrete. It's gonna be precast. Maybe they'll use real Ivory! Ha.

It's not a bad building. The podium is quite large for a building that isn't that tall.

Building of showroom..

Has been ongoing for last few weeks..

From a few weeks ago..
IMG_0703.jpg

Today..
IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_0708.jpg
    IMG_0708.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 649
The podium is quite large for a building that isn't that tall.

Indeed. Makes me wonder if there'll be a future ask for 10 more storeys.

For a well designed building like this, if it were up to me I'd give 'em 20.

EDIT: then again, looking at the renders, the size of the podium might simply be an effort to help it blend in with some of its neighbours.

Precast...what?

exactly what I was going to say... concrete! so the original poster who said concrete was right.

I'm quite liking this design, lots of different elements coming together to form a rather pleasing result. I know this is probably a bit of a stretch but the vertical lines and heavier framing of the lower portion that fronts the street reminds me of Lincoln Center a bit. It gives it a sense of classiness anyway.

Indeed. Makes me wonder if there'll be a future ask for 10 more storeys.

For a well designed building like this, if it were up to me I'd give 'em 20.

EDIT: then again, looking at the renders, the size of the podium might simply be an effort to help it blend in with some of its neighbours.

i believe the SLM area has a height limit of 25-30s

Interesting article Necessary Evil. Interesting to see who is investing in TO's condo market. I see the southeast side of downtown as an area that is getting tested. There are several pockets that have been developed, in fits and starts, over the past several years. Inevitably though, they all avoid the super toxic area which is anchored by Queen and Sherbourne. The myriad of homeless shelters, Moss Park, parking lots and general malaise on Queen East between Church and Parliament looks like a black hole in a galaxy of new development. Projects approach the area, nibbling at the edges but don't cross the line into the abyss. Witness the developments south of Queen on Sherbourne. The activity flatlines at ground zero (Queen and Sherbourne). I wonder who would buy a condo in, or close to this area. Out of town investors who have never had the pleasure of walking past the pan handlers, crack heads and hookers that populate the area? I wonder if the city will attempt to "fix" the area in order to entice developers and increase the property tax base. It has become very obvious that the lower east side is hobbled by this toxic zone. It will be interesting to see how close to the zone's edges developers are willing to build.

Back