Toronto IQ Condos Phase 1 & Park Towers Phase 2 | 83.51m | 24s | Remington Group | Richmond Architects

Perhaps this blurb about the development should be added to the first post in the thread?

IQ Smart Condominium

45 Zorra Street, Islington Ave & The Queensway, M8Z
Cost: $41,200,000 est
Note: This project has been placed on hold by the Owner. Designs were undergoing redesign when this project was placed on hold. Redesign scope of work has not been released. Scope of work will be released when project is no longer on hold. Tender and construction schedules have not been determined. Further update late 2009.
Project: proposed construction of a condominium building. The project will include a 9,000 sq ft spa, indoor pool, yoga room, outdoor terrace, fitness room, media room, lounge, party room and 24-hour concierge. The building may also have retail space at the key corners of the grade level.
Scope: 378,000 square feet; 12 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 250 units

http://www.dailycommercialnews.ca/c...7d97fd4f65e4&projectid=9087522&region=ontario

Last edited:
*Bump*

Any news yet? I am an Etobicoke resident who lives close to the site, and am interested in any developments here.

Rumor has it that Conservatory Group are the owners of Kipling/Queensway mall which will be demolished shortly, making room for new commercial complex. And a new flagship Sobey's to be built at floor level with the IQ condos.

^ No offense, but how solid is that "rumour"? Conservatory Group does not own the mall, unless they have made an agreement to purchase it very recently and it has not yet been registered. The owner since 2000 has been Viewmark Homes. But there is no doubt that, in the longer run, it's a "redevelopment opportunity". It will be even more so when Sobey's pulls out, which would drop the income significantly and provide a darn good excuse to repurpose the whole place.

Dumbest name for a condo ever.

I have to agree, even if the other poster already explained the I(slington) & Q(ueensway) part. It is beyond tacky and somewhat embarrassing.

... I guess we'll wait for EQ Smart to arrive in the future. :rolleyes:

umm, viewmark homes is the conservatory group

Oops, you're absolutely right of course. I'm not sure if I knew that, but I certainly should have. :eek: My excuse is that it was past my bedtime and I was tired.

Meanwhile, I don't mind the name at all. A bit corny perhaps, but it helps to remember the location, and it also implies that you must be pretty smart if you are buying there. Compare to "Savvy", for instance. One of the corniest ever, IMO.

Last edited:
City Planning Preliminary Report

To be considered by Etobicoke York Community Council on March 9, 2010:

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2010/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-27549.pdf

looks like there's some activity happening on Remington's IQ Smart project ~

This is a 3 phase project:
- phase 1, north block abutting The Queensway, 2x 12-storey towers
- phase 2, middle block, 2x 24-storey towers
- phase 3, south block abutting Gardiner, 3 towers @ 22s, 22s, and 27s

Master Plan
IQsmart_masterplan.jpg

Found more info from the previous rezoning application that let to the creation on Remington's IQ Smart project (+ new Sobeys to the east)

City Planning Final Report (June 2006)
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/2006/agendas/committees/et/et060711/it010.pdf

Conceptual elevations can be found on pages 19-21

Another rather interesting finding about IQ Smart:

1-126.gif

Introducing IQ Smart, phase one of the Remington Group’s new Luxury-Green development at Islington and Queensway.

This LEED Registered Condominium features sustainable Geothermal heating and cooling – the first of its type in Toronto, a large indoor swimming pool, and the IQ SKY SPA facility, a 9000 sq. ft. outdoor terrace of intimate gardens, lounge, BBQs and Yoga palettes. Inside, your Luxury-Green Condominium features finishes most developers consider upgrades, from the 9’ ceilings to the granite countertops, to the appliances. And, they’re environmentally sustainable. While outside, adjacent to your Condominium, will be an urban park. And you’re 15 minutes away from downtown.

source: http://www.torontocondoforum.com/showthread.php?p=712

I rather like this area of Toronto. I imagine the Queensway was once a fairly happening place--c.1950? Hope to see it revitalized with good architecture, while keeping the good pre/post-war street scene. I could see myself buying a little bungalow around this area...if I buy a Nissan Juke first.:)

The Queensway has amazing potential to be the Spadina of Etobicoke - fill it up with condos and streetfront retail from the Humber all the way to Sherway I say! Now that would be a real avenue!

IQ condos' sales office has been there for nearly 2 years... and i really think they should rush it up to get it developed soon!
The IQ area awfully needs to be revamped.

thanks mrezwayz ... that's consistent to my sources at Baker Real Estate that sugguest IQ Smart would be (re)launching very shortly ~

no problem, solaris. iqcondos.com website is also updated, showing new designs of condos... this now has become a low-rise buildings instead of high-rise buildings.

Back