Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

I know how they can turn their 55 storeys into a so-called 900 footer with no shadow impacts:

stubby.jpg

Imagine if this project, the rumoured Blackstone, RA3, BAC1,2&3, Trump were all u/c at the same time.

7 huge projects in little more than a city block. In the densest neighbourhood in the country.

^I was thinking much the same thing. I do not know if all three components of BA will be U/C at the same time, but I would expect that at some point, a minimum of 4 or 5 of these buildings will be at various stages of construction at the same time, all within a few square blocks. That whole area just north of the current MINT cluster will almost be one giant construction zone. That will be a sight to see!

Bill

Add Shangri La a little further to the west and that's a lot of construction in the area.

Does $24 million get Harry out of the hole he dug himself into?

Can't imagine that any of the hotel properties that these guys built in the past several years would be making any money in this horrible hospitality climate. This is a perfect example of overzealous 3rd party institutional managers getting compensated merely for investing money, not returning profits to their investors.

I'd love to see the financials on the Cosmo. That joint must be bleeding cash!

At first glance these guys don't have the capabilities to develop a 450,000 sq. ft. office building.

Awesome find. I did a bit more searching and found this one about the project too. Big news for MCC, but what lot would it likely be? The old, ill-fated Metrogate one on Burnhamthorpe?

You mean Metropole Condominiums by Summit View Homes?

That lot was bought out by DSD who are building Solstice and Onyx condos on the site.

Anyone out there have any clues what's going on with all this new hotel supply? All you read about is doom and gloom in the sector. It can't possibly be a case of giant funds just looking to deploy capital for fees, can it?

Harry and his investors (including me) need more like $28 million to break even. The unsecured creditors (me included) are looking at getting 20 -25 cents on the dollar.

V of E,
Where did you hear 20-25 cents on the dollar? Grrrr. I was hoping I'd get more like 50-60%.

Back