Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I see why I couldn't upload my posting last night

April 24
I fail to note that there are 5 substations in place from Topflight to Eglinton with a possible 6 that I need to check out to make sure, but are they hock up to the system yet?? There is a 7th by the 403 in the process of being built.

Crew were removing the form work for the curbs at Elm Dr with grading almost completed to for the base of the guideway.

Mesh being place for the tracks at the Absolute intersection with rail beside it and waiting ties to be place for the rail.

No concrete base where the crosswalk is to go at Absolute Intersection
53676996358_fdebbe8c75_b.jpg

53677231260_84042b1af8_b.jpg

53677132074_6241769561_b.jpg

53676777496_c1d5726ee3_b.jpg

53675903087_423e20b1be_b.jpg

53677231770_544531db29_b.jpg

I live on Elm--I wish the stop was at Elm instead of Central Parkway. I think there's more density on Elm than Central Parkway, even though Elm is a minor street and Central Parkway (formerly Bloor, many eons ago) is a major road (or at least, well-known).

I live on Elm--I wish the stop was at Elm instead of Central Parkway. I think there's more density on Elm than Central Parkway, even though Elm is a minor street and Central Parkway (formerly Bloor, many eons ago) is a major road (or at least, well-known).
As an Elm drive neighbour I feel your pain. But central parkway has proposals on the north, south, and east corners of that intersection. So they will see their own development. Elms just stuck between two major roads so I can understand why we’re left out.

As an Elm drive neighbour I feel your pain. But central parkway has proposals on the north, south, and east corners of that intersection. So they will see their own development. Elms just stuck between two major roads so I can understand why we’re left out.
Yeah I get it. It's not like Central Parkway is that far. I walk to Cooksville GO without waiting for the Mississauga bus anyway.

I walk on Elm to get the 2 and the 103. I have pushed since day one that Elm was the better location as it had more density and to see more than CP., ML thinks the buses on Elm will move to CP causing an extra 3-5 walk to/from the LRT stop as well too close to the Matthew Gates/Burnhamthorpe stop.

Since the closure of Elm Dr intersection, 3 and 8 have been on detour using Elm Dr E for both directions up to yesterday. Today, 3 and 8 use Elm to CCTT as normal, but now use Elm W to Hurontario, south to CP and then south to Mississauga Valley to get to normal routing.

Both shelters have the same notice that the stop is out of service, and you need to walk to CP and the Vallery to get the bus. Talk about confusing riders and miss info. The Hurontario Shelter should say walk down to CP at Burnhamthorpe to get the 3 and the 8. or to ION plaza to get the 8. 3 is at CP and the Valley.

Why this sudden change with not communication for it? Did the few NIMBY folks on Joan Dr got the route change because of too many buses compared to traffic?? Did a few riders who got on Elm W get the change made?? II could be the case where a few squeals the loudest that has a bigger impact on the many riders. The old change took 5-10 minutes extra travel time depending on the time of day as well traffic. The new change will save about 2-4 minutes at best. if at all.

Another example that continues to show how poor Plan and Scheduling Depart is that is one of the biggest problems the prevent the city having a better transit system and allows Brampton to run circles around it.

I walk on Elm to get the 2 and the 103. I have pushed since day one that Elm was the better location as it had more density and to see more than CP., ML thinks the buses on Elm will move to CP causing an extra 3-5 walk to/from the LRT stop as well too close to the Matthew Gates/Burnhamthorpe stop.

Since the closure of Elm Dr intersection, 3 and 8 have been on detour using Elm Dr E for both directions up to yesterday. Today, 3 and 8 use Elm to CCTT as normal, but now use Elm W to Hurontario, south to CP and then south to Mississauga Valley to get to normal routing.

Both shelters have the same notice that the stop is out of service, and you need to walk to CP and the Vallery to get the bus. Talk about confusing riders and miss info. The Hurontario Shelter should say walk down to CP at Burnhamthorpe to get the 3 and the 8. or to ION plaza to get the 8. 3 is at CP and the Valley.

Why this sudden change with not communication for it? Did the few NIMBY folks on Joan Dr got the route change because of too many buses compared to traffic?? Did a few riders who got on Elm W get the change made?? II could be the case where a few squeals the loudest that has a bigger impact on the many riders. The old change took 5-10 minutes extra travel time depending on the time of day as well traffic. The new change will save about 2-4 minutes at best. if at all.

Another example that continues to show how poor Plan and Scheduling Depart is that is one of the biggest problems the prevent the city having a better transit system and allows Brampton to run circles around it.
We noticed the busses on Joan. Not a fan.

Back