Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

The guys who live in the minto condos next to Hullmark now have a LIMITED TIME OPPORTUNITY!

That is, they will have a GREAT VIEW... for about a year and a half!

And then, their view will be obscured... so enjoy it while it lasts!

Anyways, here's a sideways pic of the demolition site from ground floor of the Sheppard Centre.

10p5c00.jpg

Why is this thread so dead!
Passed by Hullmark today... WOW! This site is HUGE! They've installed the hoarding around the site (not sure when this was done. hadn't been there in a while). How the hoarding/site extends along a huge strip of Yonge street gets me excited. This is probably the biggest 2 tower condo complex in the gta. really gonna change the face of yonge in NYCC.
And i noticed the Emerald Park site is fenced off... is this new?

BTW: Is this STILL considered site prep!? it looks like some form of digging is happenin. Has the "official" groundbreaking happened?
Taken with my ipod on the go! (quality is sh**!)

5130398950_3bdedb910d.jpg

5130396630_c2dbe8a24d.jpg

BTW: Is this STILL considered site prep!? it looks like some form of digging is happenin. Has the "official" groundbreaking happened?

I would like to find this out too, in order to find out if I should update the "Top 20 Toronto Projects" thread.

I would like to find this out too, in order to find out if I should update the "Top 20 Toronto Projects" thread.

Hello Mongo,

The equipment on site now is Correydale - the demolition was done by a different contractor. When passing by today, I could not tell if the equipment had just been delivered and was about to start, whether the actual excavation activities have started, or whether start of the next stage (shoring and excavation) is waiting on permits. Site prep definately looks complete though.

AHK

Last edited:

Official ceremony is scheduled for November 2010.

Hulllmark Centre Excavation October 27, 2010

Excavation continues at Hullmark Centre.

101027-181.jpg

Would you call it a construction boom in North York, wow....three massive developments all breaking ground..Hullmark-2 towers/total of 82 storeys, Gibson-2 towers/total of 84 stoeys, Emerald-2 towers/total ofl 70 storeys.

Would you call it a construction boom in North York, wow....three massive developments all breaking ground..Hullmark-2 towers/total of 82 storeys, Gibson-2 towers/total of 84 stoeys, Emerald-2 towers/total ofl 70 storeys.

NYCC has always been a construction boom! haha! But it's only in recent years when developers are building BIG! (towers in/around the 150m mark!), an incredible feat for a suburb... one day maybe all these city centres will be linked into a shanghai-style Toronto Megacity :D!

It will definitely happen one day steveve, just that we wont be around to see it..well maybe you will, from the 85 floor of an old age home somewhere on the Toronto islands..lol lol ;)

haha! well my guess is that first downtown will be linked to Yonge/Egg. Considering its so close and already quite developed. maybe this will happen in 30 years... and then nycc following in another 15 years... wait a minute, i think i'm getting too far ahead of myself drawing these conclusions!

Hullmark Centre Economic Impact Report

Download the Hullmark Centre Economic Impact Report in PDF http://bit.ly/a3JHHI

• The total commercial value of Hullmark Centre is $493.7 million
• This development will create 2,400 person-years of employment in construction and
supporting industries with over $123 million in wages*
• It will generate over $74 million in revenues for the Federal and Provincial Governments
including, $23 million in personal income tax, $10 million in CPP contributions, $4 million in
EI premiums and at least $37 million in HST*
• Ongoing realty taxes are estimated at $8.2 million per year*
• A contribution of $3.3 million for education*
• These figures do not include municipal fees and levies, or corporate income tax revenues
generated by the tenants of the new retail and office components
* Source: Will Dunning Inc.

Back