Toronto Velocity at the Square | 122.52m | 40s | HNR | P + S / IBI

this is the only spot in the city where something that gaudy would not look out of place. I think I prefer what we got. but honestly it's a tough choice.

Today:
IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0416.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0412.JPG
    IMG_0412.JPG
    352.5 KB · Views: 1,288
  • IMG_0413.JPG
    IMG_0413.JPG
    419.6 KB · Views: 979
  • IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    432.2 KB · Views: 960
  • IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    297.5 KB · Views: 955
Does anyone know when Season Two of X Company starts? Oh, wait. I see the sign. Never mind.

Wow, that is tragic. Would've been better if they just punched a normal wall with those windows.

This.

Aesthetically, the window wall and spandrel galore are terrible, and from the perspective of thermal performance and managing moisture, a proper wall with punched windows (clad with some sort of rain-screen system) would have been the superior choice.

This thing looks terrible, and the less-than-ideal performance of the building envelope can't even be seen as a trade-off for the benefit of extra views and sunlight because most of the window-wall isn't vision glass anyway.

I shake my head.

A jail overlooking the town square would have been very cool at one time in history. I believe that the designers intended this as a homage to that era. I'm sticking with that.

1) Tridel would have done a better job than this, 2) good luck to us all on a redevelopment of a current redevelopment, and 3) I have a plan for this building that involves the Eaton Centre. That's all I'm saying

I have a plan for this building that involves the Eaton Centre. That's all I'm saying

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but no matter how hard you push the east side of this building, even if you put all your might into it, you're simply not strong enough to be able to get it to topple over and to hit the Eaton Centre's Dundas mall component.

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but no matter how hard you push the east side of this building, even if you put all your might into it, you're simply not strong enough to be able to get it to topple over and to hit the Eaton Centre's Dundas mall component.
Harry Stinson might be able to do it. If not, this would be a good site for North Korea to test more hydrogen bombs.

Back