Toronto Velocity at the Square | 122.52m | 40s | HNR | P + S / IBI

23182185272_f92bc2ca46_h.jpg

23264350016_335688bbf2_h.jpg

I guess people who really like spandrel glass will enjoy this tower? I'm really reaching to formulate a positive comment here...

I can't say I love it. But I think I like it more than I thought I would. It still seems very mysterious to me even though I pass it everyday. I'm curious to see its progression.

I'm not taken to weighing in early on buildings until we see all the components in place… but I see no reason for any hope here. I'm afraid of the scar on the urban landscape this one is going to leave.

Gee, we're spoiled here in Toronto, if in Buffalo we'd be drooling over this:D

You'd be happy with a literal pile of crap if it was tall enough. Some of us have standards beyond height.

That said, I am an optimist and it is nice to see they kept the older buildings. At least we have something relatively nice to look at in this building's direction.

I don't like how it crowds, intrudes, and hovers above the nice heritage buildings.

Anyone know if they're still planning on the large ads on the north side of the building near the top ?

Anyone know if they're still planning on the large ads on the north side of the building near the top ?

I don't recall it ever being confirmed that they were planning on doing that in the first place - just a lot of speculation from forum members.

I was hesitant before about the idea of putting Sam the Recordman's logo at Yonge-Dundas square, but maybe we can use it to cover up this spandrel mess? Hell throw in Honest Ed's sign too! Anything, just cover it up. :p

Darn a giant screen facing Y/D square at say 35 stories would have been great!

Back