Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Guys, this moment is the reason why politicians love their gravy trains so much.

Screen shot 2016-06-06 at 1.01.45 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-06-06 at 12.53.49 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-06-06 at 12.54.15 PM.png

Bang, bang, bang, bang. YAAAAAYYYYYYY!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-06-06 at 1.01.45 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-06-06 at 1.01.45 PM.png
    752.8 KB · Views: 745
  • Screen shot 2016-06-06 at 12.53.49 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-06-06 at 12.53.49 PM.png
    408.2 KB · Views: 761
  • Screen shot 2016-06-06 at 12.54.15 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-06-06 at 12.54.15 PM.png
    380.1 KB · Views: 743
Gosh, the choice of music is obnoxious.

Just hit mute and put on Dark Side of the Moon, man.

It's a good little bit of social media PR. Better than the boring shots of the white men suits with hammers and stuff.
One superficial thing I noticed (and I know it's all unfinished) is how much light there was both in the tunnels and the stations.

OK, this is kind of fun. Wheee!

Reminds me of going to school on the subway and back. I usually rode in the first car and watched where we were going. :) It all seemed very exciting to commute at the time.

Also makes we wonder why these tunnels are so clean and grey looking. The tunnels on Line 2 were always so dark and dirty-looking.

Reminds me of going to school on the subway and back. I usually rode in the first car and watched where we were going. :) It all seemed very exciting to commute at the time.

Also makes we wonder why these tunnels are so clean and grey looking. The tunnels on Line 2 were always so dark and dirty-looking.

The tunnels on Line 2 are dirty looking after years of collecting brake dust, hair, dead human skin, rat fur, rat droppings and mold. I'm serious. In time, TYSSE will look like it too. Yummy.

The tunnels on Line 2 are dirty looking after years of collecting brake dust, hair, dead human skin, rat fur, rat droppings and mold. I'm serious. In time, TYSSE will look like it too. Yummy.

The tunnels were new in 1966. I was in the first car in 1981. I was 13. :) They don't look any worse today.

I just passed Finch west station the other day and man....the thing is MASSIVE.....
maybe too massive for such a small station IMO.....

Remember - this station is already an intermodal/interline hub. In the basement (under the Keele/Finch intersection) is the current eastern terminus of the Finch West LRT. This station is going to be a huge interchange for students at Humber, or employees of Etobicoke General for example. Two years after it opens, instead of being a white dot, it will be a white dot with a circle around it on the map. :)

Last edited:
ha, Mr. kbdid arrived at his office late due to traffic this am to find Byford there. He was underwhelmed with the presser because press were asking about assisted dying and the conservsatives' flip on gay marriage. All he really had to say was that Wynne is a tiny person.

Try visiting the Line 1 extension to Vaughan Metropolitan Centre in 2067 and tell me what it looks like.

Back