Toronto Grid Condos | 157.88m | 50s | CentreCourt | IBI Group

Taken last Thursday, September 17th. It would appear some concerned citizens were unable to attend the public meeting a few months ago, however they did manage to share their concerns and opinions regarding the proposed development. (*Full Disclosure* I added the black rectangle between the letters "F" and "K" as I did not want to offend those who object to the use of the word "FUNK")
grid01.jpg

Attachments

• grid01.jpg
    grid01.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 1,366
That sucks. It was the nicest looking of the bunch around that corner.

I HATE that enuf tag. It is all over the east side from church to sherbourne right up to bloor almost.

Even on rentals and student residence sites. They are obviously 15 years old and know nothing about any of the proposals

I heard this project was cancelled and all deposits were returned.

I have not yet heard that (and it is still featured on CentreCourt's website), but given angle the project took (lower-end, student-oriented suites) and the OMB decision last month, it would make a certain degree of sense.

The garden inn is ugly and can go but the grand hotel has character. A lot more character than another could be anywhere glass condo tower. I really like the entrance and steps up from Jarvis and the glazing that runs up that side. That area is gross I agree with that. But until pace came along the grand and 222 were the only semi decent parts of that area.

Admittedly I really only like the west facing profile.

I am an investor in the Grid Condos but thhe developer has not sent me any notice as to what is happening.

I have to pay my 3rd deposit very soon.

Do I have to keep paying the deposits even though the OMB decision has won?

I called the developer and they said they are not aware of this issue.

What do I do?

that they were not aware of the OMB decision? I would call them again and demand to talk to someone who knows what is going on. The decision will very clearly require a near complete redesign of the project. If the project isn't cancelled, the design will need significant revisions, meaning that the unit you purchased will likely no longer exist. I'd be making a lot of phone calls until I got an answer on this one.

Hello BubbleorNot, welcome to the forum.

torplanner certainly has it correct. A qualified real-estate lawyer is your best course of action right now. In the meantime, I personally would not pay the third deposit, but that choice is entirely up to you. If for whatever reason CentreCourt does pursue any legal action against you for nonpayment, you'd have a very convincing defense (if not a counter-case, should you choose).

I don't know? you seem to be in a panic,......... considering the big picture, for a couple grand i wouldnt stress out:eek:
sit back, gather enough info from all parties, before going out to spend money on some scumbag lawyer
Gee, its way too early to take legal action when you really don't know all the facts

I'd definitely seek out advice but, I do believe the best course would be to pay that deposit in order to protect the monies you already have held in trust. This is a case where knowing too much can be dangerous. Centrecourt by appealing the decision is still showing intent to build. The slim chance of that decision being overtuned is irrelevant.

Bubble, do you know for certain that CentreCourt is appealing the decision? "Someone told me" does not inspire confidence.

Back