Richmond Hill Grand Genesis | ?m | 15s | Guizzetti | Aria

Mike in TO

Member Bio
Reaction score
An application has been submitted for a 20-storey, 390 unit condo with 226sqm of groundfloor commercial space at 9076, 9090, 9104-9106 Yonge Street and 8 Edgar Ave.

9076, 9090, 9104 Yonge (Richmond Hill, Guizzetti Dev, 2x 15s, Turner Fleischer)

The Town of Richmond Hill has received revised OPA & zb/l applications and a site plan application from Guizzetti Developments to permit two 15-storey mixed-use towers at 9076, 9090, 9104 and 9106 Yonge Street and 8 Edgar Ave (south of 16th Avenue) containing 185-residential units, 6,723-sq.m. of commercial and office space and a three-storey podium connecting the two towers.

The Town of Richmond Hill has received revised OPA & zb/l applications and a site plan application from Guizzetti Developments to permit two 15-storey mixed-use towers at 9076, 9090, 9104 and 9106 Yonge Street and 8 Edgar Ave (south of 16th Avenue) containing 185-residential units, 6,723-sq.m. of commercial and office space and a three-storey podium connecting the two towers.

Staff report is found here: http://www.town.richmond-hill.on.ca...blic/11_4_2009_19_30/item 3.1 i srpd09110.pdf

thanks for located the sources of info Mike in TO + MuchoGrande ~

however, I do wonder how tall this proposal is? The November 2009 Planning Staff Report suggests it is a 28 storeys twin tower proposal, while MIT suggests it is a 15 storeys twin tower proposal ??

EDIT: just confirmed with Planning staff, apparently the applicant has revised their application from 28s to 15s, but the staff report was brought forward to Committee before the changes could be made in time for the deadline, hence the difference ~

I'm delighted to see this density happening in Richmond Hill, and very so appropriately located on Yonge Street too with its accessibility to public transit (VIVA)

Some drawings from the staff report (click to enlarge):

Site Plan

East (Yonge) + West Elevations

Last edited:
Is this the same project by Great Lands? I remember seeing a thread with some high density towers around Yonge + 16 ave.

nope, this project on the west side of Yonge about half way between Hwy 7 + 16th Ave, whereas the Great Lands project is at the southeast of Yonge + 16th Avenue

That project's thread:
9185, 9201 and 9205 Yonge Street (Richmond Hill)

MODs... just confirmed with Planning staff, the architect for this project is Turner Fleischer Architects Inc., a thought:

9076, 9090, 9104 Yonge (Guizzetti Developments, 2x 15s, Turner Fleischer)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope but, google has all but confirmed its owned by Empire Communities

Is this going to be another fenced off garden along Yonge? Do we really need more of this outdated style frontage?

Apologies if I misinterpreted the site plan.

I think you've got the plan reversed in your head. This has ground floor retail facing Yonge. The garden you're seeing is behind the building, along with the round driveway and vehicular access. What they've got drawn is pretty much ideal from an urban development perspective, and I'd be happy to see this getting built anywhere along Toronto's avenues

Is this going to be another fenced off garden along Yonge? Do we really need more of this outdated style frontage?

Apologies if I misinterpreted the site plan.

What exactly does "another fenced off garden along Yonge" mean? I am trying to think of one but can't...

I haven't spent a lot of time in Richmond Hill but still have seen a fair amount of fenced off gardens. Even the fairly recent Empire Place is gated with fenced off greenspace facing Yonge.

Fair enough, I see what you mean at the Empire project.
Keep in mind that this is Richmond Hill. These buildings replaced dumpy strip retail and if there was retail at grade in the new townhouse and high-rise buildings along here it would be a complete dead zone. Not sure if too many folks would be enthused about buying a condo fronting right onto Yonge without a landscape buffer. Density is the right thing for the area but until the subway arrives it ain't going to look like more mature locations in the city.

Not sure if too many folks would be enthused about buying a condo fronting right onto Yonge without a landscape buffer.

What good does a landscaped buffer do you if you're on 3rd floor or higher?

Density is the right thing for the area but until the subway arrives it ain't going to look like more mature locations in the city.
A subway is not a prerequisite for decent site planning.

Last edited:
Anyone familiar with this developer - Guizzetti Developments?

Guizzetti Developments is Empire Communities -- Dan Guizzetti is the president of Empire Communities. Also Empire has down a few projects in the general area--I remember seeing the application signs for this a while back in front of the OLCO station and I have a buddy of mine that lives on Scott Ave and another one just inside on the bigger lots on Maryvale and surprisingly they are all for it. They understand its Yonge st and they bought there for value and want to see a couple of condos rather than an old gas station.

Back