Mississauga Gordon Woods Condominiums | ?m | 29s | Edenshaw | P + S / IBI

I Keep on forgetting to get off the bus for the past few weeks to check the sign out and nice to see more tall buildings coming to this area.

There are a number of other projects plan for the east side, north of the service road, but only one has seen the light and has gone no where so far.

The ward councilor is pushing for ""Lower Mississauga"" for the Cooksville area, but nothing is getting off the ground. There are 5 projects for the 5 & 10 area now, but none have made it pass the posting of the application, other than the one at the vacant area of Confederation and Dundas. That one went to Planning & Development committee back in 2009 and more or less die at this point after tearing the office building down. They need to tear those remaining building down up to the lane way to do this area the right way. Then 18 stories is not tall for a hub area, along with 250 townhome plan for that site.

if built as is, it will fill in nicely
from last June...it will be in the forefront
20110629054.jpg

As a long-time resident of Mineola - the area directly south of the QEW - (and a long time looker, but first time poster at UT) I have to say this sort of project is long overdue. I love Port Credit and South Mississauga, and have been waiting quite a while for all the talk of making Mississauga a dense, transit friendly and walkable area to become reality. IMO this is the first step to making MISISSAUGA (and not just crummy City Centre) a true urban area. I mean jeez, there will be an LRT stop directly outside the door! Perfect!

Sadly, it seems this project has been caught up in the Molasses-covered woodworks of the Mississauga planning department (and we all know what molasses is like in January...). Would any of you more involved UTers have any insights as to where this is going?

Sent them an email and here is the response.

On Jan 30, 2014, at 11:55 AM, "Amanda Charbon" <amanda.charbon@edenshawgroup.com> wrote:

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your interest in Gordon Woods. The project is currently going through rezoning, and we are actively working towards approval which we expect to be granted within the next year. You are on our registrant list and we will update you on the project as it progresses.

Thanks,

Amanda Charbon
Assistant Marketing Manager

Any updates on this? Maybe the recently funded Hurontario-Main LRT will give condo developments like this a boost.

A transit oriented project proposed along Hurontario LRT in Mississauga. Edenshaw Homes is proposing to build two condo towers of 32 and 25 storeys with 545 units, at-grade retail commercial and 49 back-to-back townhouses. Edenshaw is seeking an official plan amendment to designate the site at 2114, 2124 and 2130
Hurontario Street, currently designated office, and 2095-2143 Grange Street, currently designated low-density residential, to high-density residential.

The project was first submitted in 2012 and has recently been revised to decrease the overall density of the site and reduce the heights of the condo towers. Initially the proposal was for towers of 36 and 22 storey towers with 559 units and 20 back-to-back townhouses.

Did I read that right that Mississauga puts the report online for only one week, in advance of the meeting? If that's true (what an odd restriction that is), then hopefully the report will have more info in it, enough to make updating the database file worthwhile. Hoping someone will remember to check after the 23rd!

Did I read that right that Mississauga puts the report online for only one week, in advance of the meeting? If that's true (what an odd restriction that is), then hopefully the report will have more info in it, enough to make updating the database file worthwhile. Hoping someone will remember to check after the 23rd!

Anything pertaining to reports going to council only show up days or a week before the meeting.

You can be added to the email list and you will received the meeting agenda as well the reports for it. The Committee of adjustment has an extra week or 2.
http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/home

Back