Toronto Clear Spirit | 131.36m | 40s | Cityscape | a—A

I can tell you these point towers may detract from it being a prime location to shoot as its hard to get good framing of a historic building if there is a 50 storey condo tower looming over top of it.

They can always go to the big movie studio going up not too far away.

I can tell you these point towers may detract from it being a prime location to shoot as its hard to get good framing of a historic building if there is a 50 storey condo tower looming over top of it.

Have they shot anything down their since the historic bits were renovated? I haven't seen it in anything since Cinderella Man.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
his balls for a bowtie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always thought that this expression meant something else.
Do your balls hang low?
Do they wobble to and fro?
Can you tie them in a knot?
Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them o'er your shoulder
like a continental soldier?
Do your balls hang low?

The context of the expression was concerning how the balls in question arrived at the bowtie location. I'll leave the rest to imagination.

Have they shot anything down their since the historic bits were renovated? I haven't seen it in anything since Cinderella Man.
Not much is shot at 55 Mill St anymore, but the odd thing is. The tall buildings can easily be taken-out digitally anyway.

"Not much is shot at 55 Mill St anymore"

I think that's pretty much the case everywhere in TO right now.

That's true. Wasn't/isn't the film version of 'Hairspray' being filmed there?

Personally, I don't mind towers going up in the area (along with other lower buildings), filling in the gaps in the streetscapes and linking the Distillery to the city. It feels kind of isolated and touristy right now, which isn't a huge crime. It definately is a unique place, but I think it would be even more interesting if it were better integrated.

That's true. Wasn't/isn't the film version of 'Hairspray' being filmed there?
From the top of my head, I think they only did one day of filming there. Most of the exteriors were shot in the Roncessvalles/Dundas area.

55_Mill_Street.JPG

Note the flowy balconies, a kind of Absolute-lite.

I hope the 'living' doesn't take off like in Vancouver where now it seems every tower is 'something' living

Is this one of the additional towers that will further box in the Distillery District?

For that reason alone, I give my thumbs down. I would almost suggest that someone might as well move the Gooderham and Worts buildings - the surrounding towers have no contextual relationship or even sympathetic attirbutes with this historic relic of Toronto's Victorian industrial age (of which there is little left).

Back