Toronto The Globe and Mail Centre | 83.21m | 17s | First Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

Looks a lot like Mars in terms of the cladding and that's not a bad thing.

Such awesome pics, always, Razz. Love the change in glazing. All black would have been too much.

From today.

IMG_7133.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7133.JPG
    IMG_7133.JPG
    514.1 KB · Views: 934
I like it, it's great. But it does look a bit funny here at the moment since this area, especially to the east, is so undeveloped. It's a harbinger of good things to come, but I can't help but feel that it almost makes things temporarily feel more sparse.

It's a harbinger of good things to come, but I can't help but feel that it almost makes things temporarily feel more sparse.

I disagree. I can't wait for it to open. You'll see a noticeable difference on Front and on King. Great infill though a little taller would have been better. I would like to have been able to see it from King and Yonge or King and Church

Don't agree either. It's a handsome building and a welcome addition to east downtown. Great glass and a tremendous impact in the area.

Yeah, no, people-wise it'll be a densifier. I was speaking about it strictly as a building. Since this area is undeveloped, this building's presence somehow emphasizes that to my eye. But yeah, it'll be a big draw for people and that'll make a nice difference.

I particularly like how it contrasts with the lovely older red brick building on the east side. Very elegant. To me it makes the Globe building strangely fit right in, as part of the city's ongoing evolution of built forms and lovely intermixing of eras.

Topping off ceremony happened today.

IMG_7141.JPG

From left to right David Gerofsky (President First Gulf, Glen Murray, John Tory, Phillip Crawley (Publisher Globe And Mail).

Attachments

• IMG_7141.JPG
    IMG_7141.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 586

Back