Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

alklay:

I can't seem to find the reference re: Peter Clewes.

re: Cladding

I think Burgher mentioned that the cladding is of very high quality.

GB

Ha! Clewes!

Geeky and I were both wrong. I guessed KPMB. Geeky thought Diamond. We picked up on the stylistic tic of extending/overhanging with sticky-out and sticky-up sheets of glass. But of course Clewes does that too, to a lesser degree.

Dear...

Thank you for your recent expression of interest in the Four Seasons Private Residences, Toronto. We have received an enthusiastic response to the announcement of the project and look forward to keeping in close contact with those who have indicated that they would like to receive more information.

Four Seasons Hotel Toronto has been the icon of life en vogue in the city for more than 25 years. Now, along with the development of a new luxury hotel in the Yorkville neighbourhood, the internationally renowned collection of Four Seasons Private Residences is being introduced to Toronto.

At this time, we are in the process of reviewing the plans for the Private Residences. Although neither the number nor the size of the units has been finalized, we expect that fewer than 100 residences will be for sale. Starting on the 25th floor of the building and boasting unparalleled views of the Toronto skyline, suites are expected to range in size from 2,250 to 10,000 square feet.

These exquisitely designed private residences will be accessed from a private courtyard to an opulent lobby with 24-hour Concierge service and private elevator access. Of course, residents will also enjoy Four Seasons services and amenities including sumptuous restaurants and bars, valet parking, in-room dining and access to housekeeping service as well as an extraordinary Spa and Fitness Centre. This is the Four Seasons lifestyle.

As a registrant in the project, you will be sure to be among the first to know when more definitive information becomes available.

Once again, thank you for your interest and we look forward to staying in touch,

Executive Director
Four Seasons Private Residences, Toronto

@menkes.com

100 will probably sell quickly. Heck, there is probably little need to build a fancy sales centre (just set up something in one of the rooms at the hotel...a hospitality suite. ;) )

that rendering is amazing. Same as before yes...but better.

A lot of bling.

Beautiful. I'd love to see this happen. Just to be clear, sorry if I'm dense, on the site plan the building immediately to the right of the site of this proposal is the Fire Station, right? The end of the hideous car dealership.

If this gets built, and please let it be so, then the north side of Yorkville between Yonge and Bay will really have experienced a remarkable transformation. Ugly buildings deleterious to the city's health (the lowrise commercial where 18 Yorkville is now and the car dealership) will have been rubbled into the past, the existing heritage buildings will be unscathed, new and beautiful buildings will grace the street, and new, carefully designed, public spaces will have been created. Here, at least, we will have gotten it right, exactly, perfectly right.

...what exactly are those buildings with the "libeskind-esque" roof structures to the East of the proposed development? I assume they're existing buildings, but nothing jogs the mind...

They're taking it to another level. Bay & Yorkville will be quite an interesection once all this gets built.

Look at that site plan... really does look like they've got it right. Plenty of retail space facing the street, parking ramp within the site. Very encouraging.

Well done. I would probably say this is the best hotel proposal of the whole lot. There are no elements that make an attempt to scream out some new architectural statement, but the seem to have taken the time to make sure it works well at the street, works well at the back, and still has what appears to be a rather sexy styling to it.

quote:

...what exactly are those buildings with the "libeskind-esque" roof structures to the East of the proposed development? I assume they're existing buildings, but nothing jogs the mind...

----

the closest to the site is in fact the firehall, next on is the library - that's all! (there sure are a lot of ridge lines shown...) - so the dealership is gone... Yippee!

I'd like a job at Teperman to bring down that dealership myself actually. (And right afterwards, I'd drive the wrecking crane around the corner to Cumberland Terrace and keep swinging wildly. To dream, perchance to sleep...)

Oh oh oh, and then it's off to the Bay store at the Hudson's Bay Centre to knock a few holes in that deadly concrete wall! Geez, I want one of those cranes...

Back