Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

More glass fell off Four Seasons last night.
Not surprised at all. A couple of weeks ago, there was a lot of wind, and from Manulife Centre where I live, I could see several glass panels fluttering in a very alarming way at the Four Seasons.

Yup. Installation standards should rise, for one thing, to better withstand high winds and/or severe temperature fluctuations.

This window failure is on the penthouse level, and I believe the last one was too. Being larger windows than most in the building, it seems that something should have been specced differently up there. As opposed to just a single window replacement this time, they better be working on an engineering solution for the entire level.

IMG_5580.JPG
This evening.

Attachments

• IMG_5580.JPG
    IMG_5580.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 523
It's amazing how much more welcoming this space becomes with such a modest addition. (Cue: Denzil MW shrieking about the cost of said chairs...)

It's so true @Irishmonk, I was just passing through the other day and wanted to check a few things on my phone, so a few of us sat down for a few minutes and there was a glorious cross-section of the city enjoying the lovely space (with wall in full mist to animate the space). Two distinguished gentlemen were puffing on fine cigars while chatting, a few tourists were checking their maps, some of the hotel workers were lounging post- or pre-work, and shoppers of various price point were resting their feet.

I find the paving to be very aesthetically pleasing with its slim angular variations and light tone; the manicured shrubbery adds a dynamic interplay of colours and textures to the space without dominating it; the trees have grown nicely and sort of hover above the low landscaping below; while I simply love the mist wall.

It's about time they move that dysfunctional fountain and make it the focal point of the park! (with the water turned on, of course) Those chairs help but shouldn't they be permanent benches instead of movable, little chairs?

Back