Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

No word of a lie I'm contemplating one of these when I get around to renovating the ensuite and powder room. Not the 10k model, but there's more reasonably priced models offering similar 'functionality'.

Personally speaking, the notion of electronics in the bathroom really doesn't appeal too much (perhaps with the exception of touch free faucets).

AoD

But a high tech commode in the sky? AoD - I always viewed you as a dreamer...

Not when you are the one who have to end up washing and gawd, fixing the commode in the sky. Having to upgrade firmware for a loo belongs to the category of "too much". My urge for tech was quickly quenched after reading the user manual for that 10K model - it wasn't pretty and even if I have the cash to burn I'd rather avoid the nightmares.

AoD

I still think the public urinals they set up on the Champs Elysees before the start of the Paris Marathon were my best micturition experience to date.

Sometimes this building just glistens. This shot is around sunset, about a week ago, and was one of the times I wished I had a better camera than my cell:

Four Seasons.jpg

Attachments

• Four Seasons.jpg
    Four Seasons.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 1,672
More falling glass off of Four Seasons today. You might be able to see the missing panel on the east face northern edge about five levels down from the penthouse. If you zoom into my photo you'll see where there is a panel missing where the glass isn't as reflective. If you look at the overhang you can see the wood panel they have down to cover the damaged glass on the overhang.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    623.8 KB · Views: 731
I take it that something will need to be done to address this issue. Seeing how the problem seems to occur with the actual enclosing panes of glass, rather than more common falling balcony glass seen with the Festival Tower and Shangri-La. I am curious as to what solution they will devise (they cannot just wrap the entire structure in netting like they do with balcony rails).
I've lost count on how many times this has happened here. It's a shame since this is one of the better looking curtain wall facades we have in the city.

I take it that something will need to be done to address this issue. Seeing how the problem seems to occur with the actual enclosing panes of glass, rather than more common falling balcony glass seen with the Festival Tower and Shangri-La. I am curious as to what solution they will devise (they cannot just wrap the entire structure in netting like they do with balcony rails).
I've lost count on how many times this has happened here. It's a shame since this is one of the better looking curtain wall facades we have in the city.
The best solution would be to cover the entire tower with EIFS.

Back