Toronto Flo Condominiums | 34.14m | 11s | Devron Developments | Kirkor Architects

IMG_5721_zps2oltbkz0.jpg

Last edited:
That FLO name still bothers me,.... project is at northeast corner of Bales Ave and Avondale Ave. Avondale is the name of this street on east side of Yonge; on west side of Yonge the street is named Florence Ave,.... this project is on Avondale Ave,.... shouldn't it be called AVO or something like that,.... anything is better than FLO,... which sound so F'n Low,...

I wonder if it is still only "88% sold" (as of at last Fall 2013), or if there will be a new sign proclaiming "92% sold", or whatever the number is. Sorry to be so cynical and sarcastic, but I get a big kick out of such blatant bullshit marketing.

Might not be BS marketing,... might be true,...

This condo development very different from most other condo development in NYCC,.... at this condo development almost all units 80-90% sold to Persian. Usually a mixture of ethnic groups,... but here almost exclusively Persian,... maybe the name "flo" has special meaning to them,...

Might not be BS marketing,... might be true,...

This condo development very different from most other condo development in NYCC,.... at this condo development almost all units 80-90% sold to Persian. Usually a mixture of ethnic groups,... but here almost exclusively Persian,... maybe the name "flo" has special meaning to them,...

Definitely BS marketing. They might have hooked Persians, but they were fishing for Asians (like all newer developments in this area). It seems unlikely that they would pay for a sign to say "88% Sold". Most would round it up or round it down. The number is significant and was carefully chosen.

If it wasn't pandering, they would likely have a series of signs printed, such as "89% Sold!" and "93% Sold!" to mark each increase in percentage. Somehow, I doubt that (as the "88%" sign was up for a long, long time). :)

In any event, they haven't updated the "news" on their site since October 2012. Also don't see any listings for sales or rentals in the building yet.

I like how this turned out, unobtrusive small scale midrise development transitioning to the stable low density housing abutting to the east ... also a nice touch that the vision glass and spandrel are paired quite nicely such that it doesn't jump out in colour

i agree, they did a very nice job on this one. very pleasing to look at and fits well into its setting.

New residents been moving in since about mid October?

First couple of photo shows important new north-south sidewalk on Bales Ave connecting Avondale Condo community (to the south) to TTC subway entrances to north at Annedale (Hullmark Centre south tower). Disappointed it wasn't widen,.. but happy it replaced the cheap temporary asphalt sidewalk the city built and still have as shown in 2nd photo.

IMG_1193[1].JPG
IMG_1189[1].JPG

Reusing old sidewalk on Avondale... surprise city didn't make developer widen these sidewalks as there's high pedestrian usage,.... also not lip of curb on driveway is too high where it meets sidewalk,... supposed to be perfectly level with sidewalk for about a foot or two so snowplow won't hit it.

IMG_1185[1].JPG

IMG_1163[1].JPG
IMG_1158[1].JPG
IMG_1138[1].JPG
IMG_1149[1].JPG

Units at every level seem to be occupied,....
IMG_1090[1].JPG
IMG_1103[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1193[1].JPG
    IMG_1193[1].JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 817
  • IMG_1189[1].JPG
    IMG_1189[1].JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 831
  • IMG_1185[1].JPG
    IMG_1185[1].JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 821