Toronto Five St Joseph | 160.93m | 48s | Five St. Joseph | Hariri Pontarini

How close would this be to the diagonal towers on the east side of Bay - 1001 Bay et al?

It's a fair distance from 1001 & Sutton Place, basically they are just less than a city block apart. Perhaps 1000-1500 feet roughly? This proposal would be closer to the 24 Wellesley condo being as it's situated halfway between Yonge & Bay on the north side of Wellesley.

606 Yonge Street

From today's Novae Res Urbis:
606 Yonge Street—official plan and zoning by-law amendments for a mixed commercial-residential development with 420-residential units.

Has anyone heard of this? It looks like it's just south of St. Joseph.

It's located at the SW corner of St. Joseph Street. It includes 606 to 618 Yonge Street (six small old storefronts), 5 St. Joseph Street and 15 St. Nicholas Street (a big old brick loft-style building). The total site area is 28,890 square feet, large enough for a pretty significant building. Joyonge purchased it during the summer, for $10 million, equivalent to $346.14 per square foot. There would be a significant demolition cost on top of that.

I find this interesting as it would be the first real redevelopment along the shabby old west side of Yonge Street between Wellesley and Charles. (I know, some people like its gritty charm :rolleyes:, but some form of change here would not be a bad thing IMO.)

Last edited:
15 St Nick has some kind of heritage thing to it, doesn't it?

That it does. As do the buildings along yonge street that are also part of this site. The building will have an L-shaped podium and a 49 storey tower at the corner of st. nick and st. joseph

I doubt we see this thing within the next 5 years.

There is no presale market for condo's right now.

that would sound about right ... besides, it is going to take about 3 years (on average) for a development application of this nature + magnitude to get through the approval process IMO

These buildings occupy Yonge near St. Joseph. I'm not sure what's going to happen to them but I'd hate to lose the one on the corner.

arch012.jpg

Though at the same time, it's not *that* urgent to save. Except, of course, as part of a Yonge St Heritage Conservation District. Which might not be an entirely bad idea...

Back