Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

I believe Linehan donated his archives, which are named in his honour, to the Film Festival Reference Library.

In the late 1980's I used to see him working out all the time at the University Avenue and Dundas Superfitness. He never flicked his towel at me though.

Due to my amount of SCTV watching when I was young, I remember Martin Shorts' "Brock Linehan" better than the real one. That seems peculiar.

I hope in reality it doesn't look as boring as the rendering depicts. I think the base will turn how out to be the real gem.

This tower would have been a good candidate for a signiature design, don'tcha think? Seems like a waste of a brand...

Sir Novelty: It does have a signature design, a signature "Toronto" design!

The signature, surely, is the blank "movie screen" on the top of the condo?

The rumoured plan is that it won't be blank. While they might not exactly play movies up there, (world's highest "drive-in"?) that screen may be animated with light. KPMB has been toying with designs...

Ooooh! I'm having supper with my non-architect KPMB mole on Sunday. I'll ask.

How much funding was requried for the " Hall " portion.

I thought it was between 170-200 million dollars. Do they have it all now. Is that why they are able to start sales of individual units?

My source clammed up. I sense that I have been asking too many questions, and I certainly don't want to be seen as a pest ... even though I am one.

Still, as one door closes another one opens - and I discovered that there are reputedly problems with the glass for the ROM Crystal not fitting - lawyers are being kept busy apparently.

"The rumoured plan is that it won't be blank. While they might not exactly play movies up there, (world's highest "drive-in"?) that screen may be animated with light. KPMB has been toying with designs..."

Aren't we afraid of killing birds?

Back