News   Apr 19, 2024
 379     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 572     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 955     3 

Toronto FC

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-breaks-mls-record-points-season-draw-atlanta/

TFC breaks MLS record for points in a season with draw against Atlanta

The single greatest regular season in Major League Soccer history.

That’s what Toronto FC achieved in 2017, with a 2-2 draw against Atlanta United in Sunday evening’s season finale capping off a remarkable campaign for the Reds that included a first-ever Supporters’ Shield trophy as the MLS regular season champions.

Nobody believed us when we sang about people not believing us about winning the league.
Now the Cup and on to CCL in February. Super stoked for CCL!

That was as complete a dominating performance as you're likely to see. Seattle barely showed up. The best performance by Michael Bradley I've seen and perhaps the best played game by the entire squad.

One of the funnest nights of my life. It's been a long decade, with some really, really trying moments. But this sort of made it all worth it.

Great game, and well deserved win for the squad. Been an absolutely magical season. Hats off to Bradley, because he really seemed to push this squad, keep them united, and inspired them to play like men possessed. That was pretty special to see. I was really happy to see Osorio put on a beautiful performance this game. He stepped it up and had the game of his life. Must feel amazing for him to win the Cup at home.

Also can't wait to hear about all the kids wearing TFC jerseys on Monday at my wife's school. Over the past five years, she has started to notice that TFC jerseys are starting to outnumber Blue Jays, Leafs, and Raptors gear. And this Cup win is going to be a moment that really builds up the game here in Ontario. Maybe not yet at the same level, but similar to how the World Series wins in 92/93 created a whole generation of fans.

Bring on the Champions League!

2018 is very likely a rebuilding year for the Jays and given TFC's victory, there will be many more people wearing TFC jerseys than Jays jerseys.

MLS has ways to go to make it becoming the fifth major North American professional sports league though, but MLS is becoming mainstream among North American sports fans.

I was there on Saturday was a ton of fun!

Champions league in Feb will be crazy cold!

One of the funnest nights of my life. It's been a long decade, with some really, really trying moments. But this sort of made it all worth it.

Great game, and well deserved win for the squad. Been an absolutely magical season. Hats off to Bradley, because he really seemed to push this squad, keep them united, and inspired them to play like men possessed. That was pretty special to see. I was really happy to see Osorio put on a beautiful performance this game. He stepped it up and had the game of his life. Must feel amazing for him to win the Cup at home.

Also can't wait to hear about all the kids wearing TFC jerseys on Monday at my wife's school. Over the past five years, she has started to notice that TFC jerseys are starting to outnumber Blue Jays, Leafs, and Raptors gear. And this Cup win is going to be a moment that really builds up the game here in Ontario. Maybe not yet at the same level, but similar to how the World Series wins in 92/93 created a whole generation of fans.

Bring on the Champions League!

BMO's grass field is "heated". See link.

Using embedded sensors, Heggie sets the system to keep his soil balanced somewhere between 15 and 18 degrees Celsius (59 to 65 degrees Fahrenheit). “I tell the system what my ideal soil temperature is and it cranks all the valves for me,” he tells FourFourTwo. “It is basically always on, but during the summer it shuts itself down.”
Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/feat...ronto-underground-heating#I8WZuY33Yt1Psksm.99

bmobelowturf.png

Back