Toronto Fabrik Condos | 56.99m | 17s | Menkes | Giannone Petricone

Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5V 1X9

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 12 267936 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: Oct 24, 2012

Project: Retail Store Demolition

Description: Proposal to demolish exisiting building - "King Textiles"

That triangle building beside it would make for an interesting infill project some day.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5V 1X9

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 13 124672 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Feb 25, 2013

Project: Multiple-Use Building New Building

Description: Proposal to construct a 17 sty condo with ground floor commercial and below grade parking. 174 residential units. 431-445 Richmond St W.

A former work colleague of mine is looking out at the demolition happening right now

28s6dd3.jpg

Now there is a gravel parking lot here. Used to be one of the hippest men's clothing stores and after hours clubs. I really hope this project sells if just to get rid of this lot. There reallyl should be a rule about demolition prior to being ready to build the replacement structure.

Now there is a gravel parking lot here. Used to be one of the hippest men's clothing stores and after hours clubs. I really hope this project sells if just to get rid of this lot. There reallyl should be a rule about demolition prior to being ready to build the replacement structure.

You have to be kidding me...They demolish the building to turn it into a parking lot? Could they not have extended the leases of the nightclub and clothing store, allowing them to operate until they are ready to build?

The project is over 80% sold so it is definitely happening. Demolition was done so excavating begin. The lot is temporary.

I do miss Goodnight though.

Nine months since - still a gravel parking lot. Anyone have any updates? I am surprised by the poor execution from such a well known local builder.

Nine months since - still a gravel parking lot. Anyone have any updates? I am surprised by the poor execution from such a well known local builder.

Completely agree with you Mr. Tang. I am sure the process of completing the detailed permit and construction drawings and specification schedules, applying for building permits, the permit review process at an understaffed city hall, reworking the drawings and specifications for any issues raised by the city to the point where the developer had permits in hand and was ready to start construction, had nothing to do with the delay. The requirements of the ongoing construction of the Gibson House and ramping up the One York Street projects by Menkes were not factors either. It was obviously just pain poor execution by Menkes that starting Fabrik took this long...

Last edited:
I often post here just to enjoy the unnecessary, over-the-top sarcasm one so often looks for in life.

Back