Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: EY Tower | 188.05m | 40s | Oxford Properties | Kohn Pedersen Fox

With that growing roofline angle up there (from Marcanadian's photo), I couldn't resist. :)

EY1.jpeg
EY2.jpeg
EYmock_up.jpg

Attachments

• EY1.jpeg
    EY1.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,327
  • EY2.jpeg
    EY2.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 1,280
  • EYmock_up.jpg
    EYmock_up.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 1,245
I hope it ends up just a bit taller. I feel like that image makes it look the same height as INDX and it SHOULD be just a bit taller than INDX

Yes it is a BIT taller, but only 9 metres. And it's a titch farther away than INDX from the vantage point in the photo, so perspective would make them appear similar in height. I gave it only an ever-so-slightly higher height in the image.

love the heritage restoration component and the presence it has at street level with that sweeping "awning" that juts out from the base on the west face. not thrilled about the upper section of the building and the view of this thing from city hall is just hideous imo. maybe Sheraton will add a second tower in the future and partially block the ass end view of this tower. to me that feels like a design oversight. the building needed a design that gave it a face on Adelaide Street as well as NPS.

Does anyone know if the "shard" piece facing NPS will be lit up like bank of America is? It should be- that feature on BoA is amazing.

^ Then again, Toronto-hasn't been copying New York in recent years and it goes hand in hand with rising civic pride... I wouldn't want to see us backslide with a big copycat gesture so scratch that.

Super interesting. Am I right to assume that none of the space that will be enclosed by the steel frame will be occupied? i.e. Is that mostly mechanical and such that's up there above the concrete portions of the building?

Similarly, does that mean this building is essentially topped off? It looks to me like the vertical steel bits on the front-left corner of the building (northeast, I suppose) might represent the maximum height, especially with the horizontal-ish beams seemingly coming to meet that point from the right-front (northwest) corner.

Super interesting. Am I right to assume that none of the space that will be enclosed by the steel frame will be occupied? i.e. Is that mostly mechanical and such that's up there above the concrete portions of the building?

Earlier renderings led me to believe there would be some sort of sky garden at the top (trees clearly depicted), but judging by the jungle of steel beams, it doesn't look like a habitable floor plate. Perhaps that was a tossed around idea at some point, but it looks like it may end up being strictly mechanical.

Now if only there was a sky-garden-restaurant at the top of the building overlooking the square...
(Or even something along the lines of the Walkie Talkie building in London)

Back