Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: EY Tower | 188.05m | 40s | Oxford Properties | Kohn Pedersen Fox

As far as a major office developments go in Toronto this is one of the better ones. The concourse facade is the most appealing element- maintaining historic texture at street level and eat-west vistas. I agree with AoD on the angled west facade too- a refreshing change. It's proportions are more bulky than elegant though, it's angles fall short of dramatic, a tower of this magnitude would have looked better taller imo.

Tuesday:

EY Tower by Marcus Mitanis, on Flickr

I love how the light plays off of this building. Two shots from a couple days ago, taken a little under an hour apart.

DSC_7300.jpg
DSC_7318.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_7300.jpg
    DSC_7300.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,264
  • DSC_7318.jpg
    DSC_7318.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,295
The Concourse Building (what's left of it) makes me happy.

This is what I love about big cities. Monumental urban canyons like this are a wonder to behold. I feel sheltered, enveloped, and one even gets shaded from the sun. Wonderful. Another fabulous big city street in Toronto is Victoria; parallel to Yonge but a block east.

Last edited:
The Concourse Building (what's left of it) makes me happy.

This is what I love about big cities. Monumental urban canyons like this are a wonder to behold. I feel sheltered, enveloped, and one even gets shaded from the sun. Wonderful. Another fabulous big city street in Toronto is Victoria; parallel to Yonge but a block east.
Yep, exactly my thoughts.

Back