DSC08961.jpg
    594 KB · Views: 1,080
  • DSC08962.jpg
    DSC08962.jpg
    664.3 KB · Views: 1,168
  • DSC08964.jpg
    DSC08964.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 1,092
The underside panels of the larger overhang balconies match the horizontal pattern of the balcony glass. A nice touch that moves the development from good to great.

Is it unusual for builders to do so much glazing on the lower levels of a building while the upper floors are still being poured? I'm really surprised to see all the balcony glass already on the bottom sections.

Every project seems to be different, and I think it normally comes to down a couple of simple factors: has the glass arrived, and are the installers available?

Every project seems to be different, and I think it normally comes to down a couple of simple factors: has the glass arrived, and are the installers available?
I thought that there might be some concerns about breakage when there is still a lot of basic construction happening, not to mention potential logistical challenges. That said, it presumably is a huge time saver if one can begin to do glazing while the upper floors are still being poured.

I thought that there might be some concerns about breakage when there is still a lot of basic construction happening, not to mention potential logistical challenges. That said, it presumably is a huge time saver if one can begin to do glazing while the upper floors are still being poured.
Certainly breakage is a concern, and despite precautions, the experience is that most buildings end up with one or more panels that have to be replaced when the rest of the work is done. We have photos from over the years of recently completed projects all over the city that have had broken windows and balcony panels that needed replacing of course!

I think this one turned out better than the renders, it looks better in person too. Now I just need my McDonalds back.

It will, they secured the lease pre-construction lol
Meaning there will be a narrow post-crane-removal window of time to photograph this beauty before illuminated Golden Arches sully the ground level

I wonder what will happen with Gabby's? It would be interesting to see a skinny, distorted tower rise in its place.

I'd love to know that story on that Gaby's lot too.
My guess is that the lot owner held out for too much money ... gambled on a win ... and is now screwed as I can't see how that lot gets developed unless the east building comes down.

Back