Toronto Etobicoke Civic Centre | 75.82m | 16s | CreateTO | Henning Larsen

Which of the four entries in the Etobicoke Civic Centre design competition do you favour?

• Team 1: Moriyama + Teshima, MJMA, FORREC

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • Team 2: Diamond Schmitt Architects, Michael Van Valkenberg Associates

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • Team 3: KPMB Architects, West 8

Votes: 42 39.3%
  • Team 4: Henning Larsen, Adamson Associates, PMA Landscape Architects

Votes: 22 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are the current employees at the Etobicoke Civic Centre at the West Mall going to moved here? Will this house the council for the Etobicoke-York Community Council? I get that it's more central, does the old ECC close? Never really understood what happens over there.
I recall that many years ago there was talk of a full redevelopment plan for the current civic centre site, so it's safe to assume that once the new one is complete, the old one will be sold off to do so. I'm pretty sure there have been vague plans to move the civic centre to a more central, transit friendly location for a few decades at least, because it was recognized fairly early on that it was built in a stupid location.

I recall that many years ago there was talk of a full redevelopment plan for the current civic centre site, so it's safe to assume that once the new one is complete, the old one will be sold off to do so. I'm pretty sure there have been vague plans to move the civic centre to a more central, transit friendly location for a few decades at least, because it was recognized fairly early on that it was built in a stupid location.
Yup, Etobicoke-York Community Council along with all department offices in the current Burnhamthorpe and 427 site will move to the new site, and then that site will be sold off.

Back