Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I am pretty glad I did not get water. Those pumps are huge. Not only the pump but also the pipe that goes up from it. They offered us 3K to not get water installed but a lot of people needed the water. Apparently the cost of adding the pipes is in "millions of dollars". Also I've heard that these pumps need to be serviced every 3 months (hello more maintenance fees!)

I think they can get away with not doing the drywall because during plumbing renovation you probably have to tear it out anyway. Many of these units got water believing they could be rented out easier but if you are a potential tenant and you see that huge pump would you want to open there? And if you are a potential tenant that does not need water and you see this huge pump taking up a considerable amount of wall and floor space, would you open there?

I think they can get away with not doing the drywall because during plumbing renovation you probably have to tear it out anyway. Many of these units got water believing they could be rented out easier but if you are a potential tenant and you see that huge pump would you want to open there? And if you are a potential tenant that does not need water and you see this huge pump taking up a considerable amount of wall and floor space, would you open there?

Nope,...

The developer-builder is responsible to replace and repair the drywall they damaged for the plumbing,.... and access to pipes outlet behind the drywall would be via "drywall access panel",... those little 1 feet x 1 feet metal or plastic doors on the drywall,.... that way future renovation wouldn't require ripping out the drywall again.

Tenant that require water will now use sink with cabinet to hide the water pump,.... factor in their store layout since water access and water pump is set up at a fixed location in store,..... and these vacuum cleaner size water pump takes a relatively large noticeable amount of space when considering these are Pacific Mall type cubicle stores,...... once again, it never cease to amaze me how poorly Bazis has executed this EmeraldPark development. Just a constant stream of one problem after another,....

Oh,... and since Drywall guys are on strike,.... I guess that's why EmeraldPark subway entrance work is stalled again,.... arghhhhh!!!!

I heard some people down there in the entrance yesterday. The strike probably began today.

So I have more info about the whole plumbing situation on retail floor. Apparently the tenant is also at fault for this! What happened was in 2008 when we signed the APS they asked us if we wanted water or not. Some said yes, some no. Then during 2015 they sent out letters to all the unit owners that if they did not want water they would be credited with 3K off their purchase price. Now many of these owners don't know English very well and when they see the 3K they thought to themselves "free money!" and said yes without thinking much about it. Months pass and owners that needed water suddenly realized what they have done and many urged the developer to add water when all the units were already perfectly dry walled. Some were going to open businesses like nail salons which needed hot water but still said yes to the 3K credit (lol). Some initially thought they did not need water but came to realize how slow their cubicles were to rent out or sell and thought adding water would be a great way to increase interest in the unit. So TMG had to come in again, drill and cut holes in the wall and ceiling and add those pipes and pumps.

So Bazis is only partly to blame for this. Fickle unit owners who did not read over APS or did not read over that letter with their lawyer or are just bad decision makers are also to blame.

The Malatang restaurant is aiming to open in 1-2 months.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2679176/s...o-cause-delays-for-gta-construction-projects/

Last edited:
q96FkXe.jpg

It looks like final closing is actually near for retail units. Got a call today from lawyer says its on the 31st. Hope maintenance fee does not rise... Months of June and onward should be quite exciting for the retail level.

I remember I was there couple months ago to look for a unit to rent and saw this, and the agent said the damage was reported about six months ago to the builder, but no one took care of it.

IMG_20160304_163323.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160304_163323.jpg
    IMG_20160304_163323.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 1,084
Glad to hear the stalls are filling up and the unused hydro poles are gone. Has anyone in this discussion board, apart from Sunnyray, noticed the constant near blocking of the Poyntz/Anndale/Yonge intersection ? The combination of heavy Yonge traffic, presence of multiple traffic lights in close proximity combined with the unusual alignment of this intersection result in Northbound vehicles not clearing the intersection with nasty consequences to both pedestrians and Anndale traffic. I would be curious to hear from the residents of both condo complexes as well as the EP mall tenants as to their views. This is an issue the West Lansing homeowners association has already raised with our local Councillor by the way.

Glad to hear the stalls are filling up and the unused hydro poles are gone. Has anyone in this discussion board, apart from Sunnyray, noticed the constant near blocking of the Poyntz/Anndale/Yonge intersection ? The combination of heavy Yonge traffic, presence of multiple traffic lights in close proximity combined with the unusual alignment of this intersection result in Northbound vehicles not clearing the intersection with nasty consequences to both pedestrians and Anndale traffic. I would be curious to hear from the residents of both condo complexes as well as the EP mall tenants as to their views. This is an issue the West Lansing homeowners association has already raised with our local Councillor by the way.

We use the Doris and Beecroft to get to EP from the north. When going on the 401 home yes Yonge street is always clogged up and we need to usually depend on a nice guy to stop and let us merge into Yonge street from Bogert. It becomes quite clogged during lunch and afterwards. The alignment of Anndale with Yonge is very awkward, during lunch it is not unusual to see pedestrians crossing the street being blocked by cars.

Good to know Bill123. So far I have only looked at the intersection during am/pm rush, and I didn't know the problem is recurring throughout much of the day. The adjacent Yonge/Sheppard and Yonge/Avondale intersections are hardly ever blocked by comparison.

City forcing EmeraldPark developer to redo some of the new sidewalks along Beecroft Rd between Poyntz and Bogert due to cracking issues,....

IMG_0680.JPG
IMG_0678.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0680.JPG
    IMG_0680.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,364
  • IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,339
Not surprising, as the sidewalk looked like it went to the lowest bidder as soon as the concrete set. I see that unlike Hullmark across the street, they are not keen on maintaining the flower beds that much.

Back