Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I don't think anything is broken. It's some sort of legal issue - most likely, they don't agree on how much Bazis has to pay the TTC in connection fees. There's some amount that every developer has to pay in addition to the cost of building the actual entrance. The TTC isn't going to let the entrance open until the amount they want is paid or they're ordered to do so.

What I meant is the TTC is quick at addressing issues on their property, so if there is an issue on the Emerald Park tunnel which rests on the TTC's hands, then it likely would've been resolved by now. So yes, I agree that the TTC keeping it closed due to Bazi's unwillingness to pay makes the most sense.

Bazi's gift to the community? lol.

What I meant is the TTC is quick at addressing issues on their property, so if there is an issue on the Emerald Park tunnel which rests on the TTC's hands, then it likely would've been resolved by now. So yes, I agree that the TTC keeping it closed due to Bazi's unwillingness to pay makes the most sense.

I'm pretty sure the tunnel entrance is owned/maintained by the Hullmark Centre or whoever manages their space. Not sure how it works there, but here at EP it seems like the retail/office and residential space are managed separately - one of the West Tower's entrance doors broke and it was fixed within a week. When the pool broke, they also fixed it within a week.

Took a first look at the mall last night. Seems like a lot of retail for a part of NYCC that doesn't get a lot of foot traffic. Skeptical that a Metro/LCBO combo would change that enough but I could be wrong. I was amazed at the obscured signage on the Yonge side of the mall. I knew where the Tim Hortons was (because of this thread) and yet I had a hard time seeing it it from the corner of Yonge and Poyntz. It should be front and centre and not hidden away behind the glass the way it is.

and yet I had a hard time seeing it it from the corner of Yonge and Poyntz. It should be front and centre and not hidden away behind the glass the way it is.
Yeah. It's slightly better at night for the signs that have decent illumination, and the shops themselves with lots of lighting being much more visible from, say, across the street. I've noticed more curious onlookers passing by on foot and glancing over than who take notice of it during the day. The problem is of course the darkest of winter nights are behind us for a while.

If everything turned out as planned, I definitely think the area could be revitalized. The Whole Foods, Metro, LCBO, and the redeveloped Sheppard Centre probably would have increased the foot traffic in the area a lot. But then Bazis happened and the TTC entrance is still closed after 2 years, the parking lot design is one of the worst in the city (Why would anyone be dumb enough to put up with the frustration of parking in EP?), Metro and LCBO both bailed, the mall entrances got put on streets where NOBODY WALKS ON, and so on and so forth.

I can't believe it's March and there's still no one who has a clue on what's going on with the TTC connection. I'm not even joking when I say I'd think seriously about soliciting legal advice on a class action lawsuit against Bazis.

Last edited:
Eupin is now open in the food court. They are doing Chinese takeout. They also finally fixed all the mall doors including that washroom door that would always lock.

Eupin is now open in the food court. They are doing Chinese takeout. They also finally fixed all the mall doors including that washroom door that would always lock.

What type of Chinese food, fried rice/noodle (I hope)? I'm not crazy about that hotpot one at the north end, I guess hotpot is not my thing.

What type of Chinese food, fried rice/noodle (I hope)? I'm not crazy about that hotpot one at the north end, I guess hotpot is not my thing.

It is just your everyday chinese food. both rice and noodle. However the price point is insane. At 12-15 $ a plate i rather walk over to Lee town and get something there. They need to bring it down to under 10.

Back